Family Assistant Nanny
A busy family based on the Upper East Side is looking for a Family Assistant to quarterback logistics for their family, help care for their upper elementary school through high school children, and work in partnership with the parents and other staff.
- Coordinate calendars, schedules, appointments, and logistics for the family.
- Work with the drivers to ensure that the children get to and from school, sports, activities, playdates, appointments, etc. You must be a capable driver who can drive in the Hamptons in the summer. You should also be able to comfortably navigate public transportation with children.
- Anticipate needs and prepare for in school and after school activities (pack necessary attire/equipment/snacks and talk through weekly schedules with principals and children).
- Oversee good homework and organization practices.
- Research and suggest interesting age appropriate indoor and outdoor activities. Demonstrate an interest in the world around you and exploring it with the children.
- Grocery shopping, home organization, and running errands.
- Prepare healthy and nutritious meals and snacks for the children.
- Recognizing their individual personalities, working with the children to help them develop a variety of life skills - executive function, caring for the home, meal preparation, etc.
The right candidate has experience working with children 8-16 years old is highly organized, mature, and cares about their community. A self-starter who enjoys supporting a busy family and anticipating their needs will do well in this role. You should be comfortable navigating tech with teens and tweens, a competent swimmer, CPR and First Aid certified, and comfortable driving in the tri-state area. The family spends summers in the Hamptons and has on-site, separate accommodation for their Family Assistant. You can spend the entire summer in the Hamptons or travel home at the weekend.
This is a full-time, year-round position. Generally, Monday – Friday, 1:00 – 9:30 pm with some flexibility required for weekends.
Compensation of $40-50/hour with benefits, depending on experience and qualifications. The family would prefer an immediate start but understands that the right candidate might prefer to start after the first of the year.
Immediate interviews available. Flexible start date, now or after the first of the year.
Please apply at www.mahlermatch.com for consideration. Qualified applicants will be contacted. Immediate interviews and hire are available.