Klumb Inside Sales
Who we are and what we value:
ECMD is 100% employee owned with a mission to improve the lives of our employees. Founded by innovative entrepreneurs who created the modern building materials global supply chain, their passion and integrity remain the fabric of our culture. ECMD's culture is rooted in small-town, rural, southern values…we keep it real, honest, and down to earth.
ECMD partners with big-box retail and pro lumber yards customers nationwide to provide a world-class supply chain to builders, remodelers, finish carpenters, and consumers with the materials needed to complete simple projects to dream houses. By leveraging technology and the team's passion for its customers, ECMD has built a strategic integrated portfolio of 7 operating divisions: EastCoast Mouldings, Klumb Forest Products, Crown Heritage Stairs, ECMD Distribution, Arndt & Herman Building Products, Clifton Moulding Co., and Madison Lumber Company.
This position requires that the employee perform all essential duties as assigned by the Branch Manager of Klumb Lumber & Forest Products, Inc. which shall include the following:
- Quickly and effectively solve customer problems. Build and maintain productive customer relationships. Readily adjust priorities to respond to pressing and changing customer needs. Recognize potentially adverse customer reactions and develop better solutions.
- Set priorities, goals and timelines to achieve maximum productivity. Manage multiple projects and competing priorities. Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner. Create his/her work schedule to meet branch objectives and customer needs.
- Arrive to meetings on time and follow instructions, policies, and procedures. Fulfill commitments made to customers, peers, co-workers, and managers. Hold self and others accountable for high-quality, timely, and profitable results.
- Maintain a collaborative approach in dealing with other Klumb Lumber employees. Demonstrate a genuine commitment to mutually beneficial solutions. Ability to operate in a sales environment.
- Communicate verbally in an appropriate way for the audience he/she is speaking to. Communicate effectively with co-workers. Speak effectively before groups of customers, coworkers, and managers.
- Monitor and review work for accuracy and completeness. Complete work according to procedures and standards. Understand verbal instructions
- Support key outside sales initiatives including training, product knowledge sessions, and order entry functions.
- Develop account and territory strategies to maximize sales and profitability.
- Assist with physical inventories and other key branch initiatives as directed by branch manager.
- Knowledge of sales and customer service areas in the wholesale building material distribution industry
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) preferred from four-year College or university; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong negotiation, communication, presentation, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills / Knowledge of Agility software system a plus but not required.
- Valid Driver's License & acceptable driving record
- Available position located in Loxley, AL. Must live within reasonable commuting distance
- 10 paid holidays
- MyTime (Paid Time Off)
- Bereavement Leave
- Other benefits include access to medical, dental, vision, life and disability starting after 90 days
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)