Dual Ticketed Electrical & Instrumentation Journeyman
Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd is currently seeking a Dual Ticketed Journeyman Electrician & Instrument Technician for our Fort St John branch. This position in the Fort St John area offers a 15/13 shift. Preference will be given to applicants living in the Fort St John/Dawson Creek area.
Techmation works on a variety of industrial oil and gas maintenance projects throughout Western Canada. As a successful applicant, you will have the opportunity to work on full-time, long-term maintenance projects with well-established and reputable clients.
- Dual Ticket - Journeyman Electrical & Instrumentation certificate, OR
- Willing to consider either a Journeyman Electrician OR a Journeyman Instrumentation Mechanic with experience
- Must have a strong knowledge in both electrical and instrumentation
- Previous electrical & instrumentation maintenance experience in an industrial setting
- Must have strong electrical maintenance and PCL experience
- Candidates must have valid Energy Safety Canada H2S Alive, Standard First Aid – Level A or C, Energy Safety Canada Fall Protection & CSTS 2020 Fundamentals certificates
- Valid Class 5 drivers license (non GDL)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work as part of successful team
- Ability to work safely in a remote setting, with the knowledge of driving a 4x4 truck in a challenging environment
The success candidate will also need to be familiar with the following:
- Programming experience on Bristol and Roc Panels in connection with Rosemount Transmitters
- Knowledge of PLC’s, Fisher control valves and positions, Hydraulic ESD shutdowns, Bettis and Barber
- Solar pump maintenance and installation, Sunpumper/MCI
- Operation and Maintenance experience with burner management systems
- PLC troubleshooting/programming experience
- SCADA Radio Communications and troubleshooting
- Oil and Gas processes, including remote natural gas/diesel generators, operation, and maintenance
- Facility/Wellsite preventative E/I maintenance including fire/gas detection, site shutdowns and compressor/generator panels
- Liquid/Gas measurement devices
- Good working knowledge of electrical switch gears and disconnects
Techmation Electric & Controls is one of Canada's Best Managed Companies (Platinum Club Member) that provides a complete range of electrical and instrumentation services throughout Western Canada for the Oil & Gas industry. Our culture is built on a foundation of positive attitudes, genuinely invested people, innovative programs, and quality mentorship. At Techmation, we are committed to Quality, Safety & Service!
We provide an attractive compensation package that includes competitive wages, benefits, and much more. Techmation believes in succession planning to promote employee career advancement.
If you are interested in a stable, long-term career growth opportunity, please submit your resume online through our company careers page at: http://www.techmationelectric.com/content/careers