Regional Sales Manager
The Regional Sales Managers for Big Cypress Lodge, in Memphis Tennessee, creates group revenue for the Resort by generating and / or developing new, referred, and repeat group business in a defined territory.
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals, targets, and initiatives.
- Develop, actively solicit, and map group business accounts per defined territory.
- Maintain a complete database of accounts in defined territories.
- Follow all Group Sales Standards of Operation, policies, and procedures – generating and completing all necessary forms, correspondence, etc.
- Properly convey rate and package information within approved limits to maximize and protect our overall resort revenue yields.
- Perform in a manner that demonstrates the philosophies of Big Cedar Lodge.
- Maintain customer relations, trade relations, industry relations, and staff relations.
- Promote all company properties and offer information to clients to cross sell the brand.
- Work closely with all departments such as Conference Services and Group Rooms to ensure that all details are communicated to ensure a successful guests experience.
- Identify and quality potential prospects through participating in cold calling, tradeshows, sales blitzes, and other sales initiatives.
- Maximize outcome of all sales initiatives by following up on leads, following up with clients in-house to identify additional business opportunities and aggressively managing accounts.
- Adhere to standards of operations, policies, procedures, instructions, etc.,
- Remain current with all pertinent computer software programs and equipment relative to job – Delphi, Proposal Path, Springer-Miller, etc.
- Have working knowledge of all departments, Big Cedar Lodge, and the resort’s amenities.
- Participate in all sales meetings.
- Perform other tasks as needed, directed, or assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED;
- 2 years or more related experience in sales work, management operations, or related professional area
- 4 year degree in a related field preferred
Skills and Knowledge
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Adaptability - Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
- Aligning Performance for Success - Skilled at focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Building Trust - Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Communication - Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
- Customer Focus - Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand and address customers' needs.
- High Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
- Planning and Organizing - Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
- Problem Solving / Decision Making - Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.