Avionics Crew Chief
Elliott Aviation has an exciting opportunity for an Avionics Crew Chief at their location at the Peachtree-Dekalb Airport in Atlanta, GA. Since 1936, Elliott Aviation has been a world-class provider of comprehensive and customer-focused solutions for business aviation. Our vision, building partnerships that last, applies to our employees as well as our customers. From Hawkers, Citations, Beechjets, and King Airs to Challengers, Phenoms, and more, Elliott Aviation- Atlanta is a known and trusted name for providing the industry's highest quality business aviation solutions.
This position is responsible for providing world-class leadership to create a team atmosphere where members are challenged to maintain aircraft in the safest and highest quality.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage all aspects of assigned aircraft projects including coordinating necessary resources, documentation, and communication with the appropriate personnel to ensure timeliness and quality installations for delivery of assigned aircraft projects.
- Inspect, service, repair and troubleshoot aircraft avionics components and systems in a safe and organized work area.
- Manage assigned technicians on all aspects of assigned aircraft projects to ensure safety, quality, and efficiency throughout all phases of the projects.
- Manage projects by scheduling and assigning work for team members and monitoring day-to-day activities of team members for compliance and quality performance.
- Hold team members accountable to Elliott Aviation approved policies and procedures including aspects of professionalism, safety, and cleanliness of the work environment.
- Oversee, complete, and maintain accurate and timely aircraft and project documentation.
- Inspect, service, repair, and troubleshoot aircraft avionics and related systems utilizing the Elliott Aviation approved procedures, policies, and the appropriate original equipment aircraft manufacturers' maintenance manuals.
- Inventory parts provided for project and order parts as required.
- Review work package for thorough understanding and verification of accuracy including; Wiring Diagrams, ground and flight test procedures, certification, structural drawings, STC's, schedules, manpower allocations and required ground support equipment.
- Coordinate/verify with the modifications repair team all of the following; incoming and outgoing function testing, power up, ground testing functions and flight test requirements Assist Mod repair team with these functions as needed.
- Coordinate/communicate with other departments and project manager, job status and timing of project milestones as necessary for the highest level of efficiencies.
- Support, maintain, and comply with all environmental, health and safety, federal, OSHA, state and local regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Top candidates will possess:
- Willingness to manage a team with both experienced technicians and mentor junior technicians with a calm demeanor.
- Willingness to learn by taking guidance from others.
- Ability to communicate well in straight-forward situations
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Must possess excellent mechanical aptitude and a desire to work
Other Requirements include:
- Airframe & Power plant Certificate and/or FCC License preferred.
- Qualified Inspector designation - Eligibility for RII designation
- Ability to attain & retain AOA badge or Airport requirements
- High school graduate or equivalency degree required. Associate or Bachelor Degree Preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of FARs 43, 91, 135, 145.
- Five Years Avionics Installations and modifications Related Experience.
- Previous Leadership and Supervisory Experience preferred.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills, including Word and Excel
- Must possess minimum tooling required to perform duties assigned
- Must be able to work various shifts, as assigned by management.
- Occasional overnight and short notice travel.
- Manlift qualified
Benefits & Perks
Elliott Aviation takes pride in offering a competitive and comprehensive benefit package to its employees to ensure our team is well cared for. Benefits begin the first day of employment!
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance- Significant cost are contributed by Elliott Aviation as part of our commitment to providing a comprehensive benefit program. Plus, you can earn lower rates through our wellness program.
- RXnGo Pharmacy benefit – Generic prescription coverage at zero cost to the employee
- Time Off – You will receive 8 paid holidays and paid vacation.
- Relocation Assistance Provided for most of our positions
- 401(k) – Company Match
- Company Sponsored short-time and long-term disability as well as life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Confidential consultation and resources services 24/7
- Training and Education- On average, Elliott Aviation invests upwards of $3,000 per team member on development of technical skills as well as soft and leadership skills