Equipment Operator II - Sewer Collection
POSITION SUMMARY: The Equipment Operator II – Sewer Collection position is responsible for a multitude of tasks, which may vary from day to day, but will serve as primary equipment operator of technical and heavy equipment used in construction and maintenance work. Performs tasks required in maintenance of the sewer collection system and as necessary, the water distribution system. Skills are required in sewer and water pipe installation and repair, pump operations and system maintenance programs. Provides lead functions, in the absence of the Crew Leader, for other sewer collection maintenance employees as necessary. This position is under the direct supervision of a Division Supervisor or Division Manager.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
WORK HOURS: Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM. Some on-call weekends/holidays
BENEFITS: Please click on this link for benefits information.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Please click on this link for the full job description.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIRED
- High School graduate or GED equivalent is required.
- Three (3) years of experience in the area of sewer collection or water distribution operations and maintenance, heavy equipment operation, or water and sewer system construction, or closely related work is required.
- Possession of a Missouri level "I" Water Distribution Certificate of Competency is required within 12 months of hire date.
- Must have a Class A Commercial Driver's License with Air Brake endorsement.
- Additional licenses or certifications may be required for this position.
PREFERED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- National Career Readiness Certificate is preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be highly engaged in the department's goals and be able to work cooperatively with Utility leadership in achieving those goals.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity, strong work ethic and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service to those of internal or external to the department.
- Must be insurable under the City of Branson's motor vehicle coverage when operating a vehicle as a part of the position
- Must act safely and follow safety standards while at work.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation, drug, alcohol, and physical capability screening.
- Must fulfill I-9 identification requirements within the guidelines set forth by the Department of Homeland Security through the E-Verify system.