The Project Manager will provide overall management direction for a large major project or two or more smaller projects, may develop new business opportunities relative to a particular client, group of clients, or geographical area. Project Managers make decisions that can greatly impact corporate relationship with clients and profitability of projects. The position is responsible for applying comprehensive and fully integrated professional construction project management knowledge and skills to direct and manage multiple projects simultaneously of variable scale, budget, and complexity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interfaces and maintains rapport with client, architect, engineers, and owners
- Interfaces and maintains work schedule with Owner
- Prepares budget for project
- Monitors man-hour budgets
- Monitors and approves weekly time sheets for field personnel
- Develops, monitors, and updates project schedules
- Ensures that jobs are completed within budgeted costs
- Ensures that work is completed per contract, plans and specifications
- Ensures that jobs meet completion deadlines
- Insures completion of closeout in a timely manner
- Demonstrates knowledge of contract administration
- Requests change orders to contract
- Demonstrates knowledge of plans and specifications
- Issues Purchase Orders for subcontractors and materials per Contract documents
- Monitors progress of trades and approves/disapproves their performance
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry-related trades
- Monitors rental equipment, delivery, storage, operation and maintenance
- Completes required paperwork accurately and timely
- Insures implementation of safety program for field personnel
- Investigates and reports all workers compensation, liability and auto accidents
- Trains new employees in compliance with state and federal government regulations
- Ensures compliance with hazardous material permits and licenses, hazardous material communication and approval and maintenance of jobsite traffic control plans
- Communicates job requirements to the Field Personnel
- Conducts regular performance appraisals for Field Personnel
- Maintain good employee relations
- Examines career goals with Field Personnel
- Meets or exceeds external and internal customer expectations
- Produces a high quality of work
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, subcontractors, end users, etc.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy. Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s).
- Monitor and control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures. Authorize and approve all purchase requisitions, change requests, etc.
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to Interpret policies as required
- Maintain official project log and documentation files. Assist with implementation/interpretation of safety programs. Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by management
- Observes Company policies and procedures.
- Observes Company safety rules and regulations.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Construction Management, or related field is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience preferred
- 7+ years of relatable project management experience including proven experience in executing business plans, and managing financial performance of assigned projects
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft 360 platform preferred
- Leadership attributes including, but and not limited to organizational and critical thinking skills, the ability to analyze data and trends, professional conduct at all times
- High-stress tolerance; must be able to thrive in a high-pressure environment
- A highly motivated self-starting, autonomous individual who can work independently and set their own priorities, yet also function well as part of the overall team.
- Safety Culture: Foster a safety culture by modeling and reinforcing expected jobsite behaviors
- Team Orientation: Communicate in an open, honest, and respectful manner
- High Integrity: Acts with unyielding integrity and honesty in business transactions, promoting company policies and holding self and other employees accountable, keeping promises and commitments
- Ownership Mentality: Assumes responsibility and makes decisions within own level of authority; seeks approval when appropriate
- Good Judgment: Knows when to stand tough and when to be flexible. Sees the big picture and the ramifications of actions
- Versatility: Is open to change. Adjusts positively to changing work priorities and business conditions
- Sit, stand and walk continuously throughout the scheduled workday
- Stand, reach, drive and use fine motor skills frequently throughout the day
- Occasionally bend, kneel, squat and climb throughout the workday
- Lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion
- Work both indoors and outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions and may be in loud environments
- Must work in a manner that will not jeopardize the health and safety of him/herself or others
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read and comprehend English
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.