Construction Materials Technician
Professional Engineering Consultants (PEC) was founded more than a half century ago as a full-service consulting firm providing mechanical, electrical, structural, civil, transportation, water and wastewater, land development, planning services; a broad range of field work including survey, geotechnical, construction inspection, testing, air and water balance capabilities; as well as the all the essential professions it takes to make it all come together for our public, private, and industrial clients. Headquartered in Wichita, Kansas, with additional locations in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Colorado, our projects take us across the nation and around the world. At PEC, our employees have a passion for the communities where they work, live, and play.
If you are looking for a career path that provides the opportunity for you to reach your full potential, PEC is the place to be. PEC's team culture is built on our ability to solve problems through a collaborative process. We elevate each other by aligning personal strengths to professional development. Our engineers and staff do not just sit behind desks. We work together with other teams, make site visits, take tours, meet face-to-face with the clients, establish big goals, and set out to achieve them.
PEC has an opportunity for a Construction Materials Technician in our Wichita, Kansas office.
Technician will be required to perform routine field and/or laboratory work and perform non-technical functions and office tasks under the supervision of senior level technicians or staff professionals.
Position Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform sampling and testing of soils, aggregate, Portland Cement Concrete, and Hot Mix Asphalt
- Transports equipment, specimens, or other job related items to field and laboratory staff, and provides assistance in equipment set-up
- Required to keep assigned equipment and vehicles clean and in good working order.
- Assists other technicians or professional staff on routine tasks
- Will be required to adapt to new tasks and responsibilities, timely and efficiently, through progressive training
- Computer Skills including but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite, web based portals etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year or less experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.