Journeyman Instrument Technician - Lead Hand
Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Instrumentation Technician Lead Hand for our Medicine Hat branch. This position is responsible for planning, scheduling, assigning, and inspecting the work of instrumentation journeymen, apprentices and trades helpers.
Techmation works on a variety of industrial oil and gas maintenance projects throughout Western Canada. As a successful applicant, you will have the opportunity to work on full-time, long-term construction projects with well-established and reputable clients.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Plans, assigns, schedules, and supervises the work of journeymen and apprentices
- Conducts periodic inspections and gives on-site supervision of hazardous work assignments
- Install, modify, repair, and maintain various electrical systems and related equipment
- Plan layout and illustration of electrical equipment and features based on job specifications
- Estimates the time and material costs required for projected jobs
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards and defects, to ensure compliance with the code
- Keeps cost and job records and submits reports to management
- Promote and monitor site safety to ensure requirements and standards are adhered to and meet TECL’s safety culture
- Journeyman Instrumentation Technician certificate
- Minimum of 3 years leadership experience in a foreman or supervisory role
- Must have previous instrumentation experience working within the Industrial Oil & Gas maintenance sector
- Ability to manage a fluctuating workload and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Thorough knowledge of applicable electrical codes, standards, and regulations
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Must have a flexible work schedule - shift work, overtime, and weekends
- Valid Class 5 drivers license and reliable transportation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven dedication to safety
- Candidates must have valid ESC H2S Alive, Standard First Aid Level A or C with CPR/AED, ESC Fall Protection, CSTS 09 & CSTS 2020 Certificates
Techmation Electric & Controls is one of Canada's Best Managed Companies (Platinum Club Member) that provides a complete range of electrical and instrumentation services throughout Western Canada for the Oil & Gas industry. Our culture is built on a foundation of positive attitudes, genuinely invested people, innovative programs, and quality mentorship. At Techmation, we are committed to Quality, Safety & Service!
We provide an attractive compensation package that includes competitive wages, benefits, pension plan, and much more. Techmation believes in succession planning to promote employee career advancement.
If you are interested in a stable, long-term career growth opportunity, please submit your resume online through our company careers webpage: