Warehouse Forklift (Freezer)
Warehouse Forklift Operator - Freezer
Peace River Citrus Products, Bartow Florida 33830
ABOUT THE COMPANY: Independent and privately-owned, Peace River Citrus Products is a vertically-integrated grower, fruit processor, and solutions provider of citrus-derived products and services. Committed to producing the highest quality citrus products and supporting our valued customers with impeccable and reliable service, Peace River Citrus Products supplies juices and associated products to major international and domestic brands as well as private label producers.
- Basic English verbal and written skills, bi-lingual a plus
- Basic knowledge of computer functions on a keyboard
- Maintains clean self-image for working in a “Good Manufacturing Practices” environment
- Able to consistently work in a freezer environment during entire shift
- Good Attendance required.
- Able to communicate and work well with others
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in daily warehouse operation of a forklift, valid certification to operate forklifts a plus
- Experience unloading sensitive material to designated warehouse area
- Attention to detail and able to retain learned skills
- Able to problem solve. Has good organization skills.
- Has a history if practicing safe work habits
- Excellent physical condition and coordination
- High school diploma or GED and able to perform basic math
- Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect ability to safely and competently perform required functions
- Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Ability to take prompt and appropriate response to operating conditions
- Manufacturing and warehouse environment.
- Warehouse freezer & refrigeration climate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, lean and walk. The employee frequently is required to use computers and talk to internal and external customers.
- Must be able to lift and stack product up to 50 lbs. Must be able to work in various temperatures of extreme ranges.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follows standard operating procedures.
- Transport production material to keep the packaging line flowing in a smooth and safe manner while ensuring the integrity of the product is maintained.
- Pulling, loading, and delivering from one location to another.
- Operates forklift to unload freight into and out of Warehouse.
- Assists other warehousing personnel and quality assurance to obtain samples.
- Inspects and verifies the accuracy and availability of all documents on incoming shipments.
- Assists with inventory control, adheres to procedures.
- Adheres to regulatory & Peace Rive Citrus Products procedures.
- Interacts with representatives of common carriers and railroads.
- Must be able to drive a forklift safely.
- Meets all “Good Manufacturing Practices”.
- Practices safety requirements established by OSHA and Peace River Citrus Products.
- Be available to work extended shifts and days.
- Any additional duties assigned by supervisor.
Peace River Citrus Products offers employees a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes; Medical/Dental, Life, LTD, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Profit Sharing, and 401k with match.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace