Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior management. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, and employment law compliance.
- High School Diploma or GED Required. bachelor's strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years HR experience required
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Through knowledge of employment- related laws and regulations
- Proficiency with or the ability to work quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent managements systems. preferred experience with Kronos Workforce Ready and Acquire
- Advanced PC skills with proficiency in MS Office
Position Reports to VP of Human Resources
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies and procedures and provides guidance and interpretation for employees.
- Coordinates and facilitate new employee orientation.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees. Coordinate annual open enrollment process.
- Provides employee relation support as appropriate including but not limited to: assist management with counseling’s, conduct investigations, review final warnings and terminations and exit interviewing.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Coordinate the administration of all leave of absence programs and processes including transitional work and accommodations.
- Administer workers compensation claims; may assist with reporting and follow up on open cases.
- Administer unemployment claims. Respond to unemployment claims and represent the company for any unemployment hearings.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with all employees and provide excellent customer service to the organization.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Have the ability to safely perform movements such as pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position Status: Exempt