The local driver is responsible for working closely and communicating with operations to coordinate the movement of loads and equipment. Loading, securing, delivering, and/or unloading customer loads within a local-range market.
Duties and Essential Job Functions
- Drives tractor to maneuver tractor-trailer combinations in accordance with Company, OSHA, and DOT standards.
- Assists with loading/unloading of loads as required by customer may move trailers within company yard for loading
- Secures loads and inspects all trailers and cargo prior to transporting
- Professional and timely communication with customers, contractors, and employees.
- Ensures all loads meet State DOT laws based on where the load is travelling
- Stages loaded trailers for pick-up by over-the–road drivers for delivery to final destination.
- Conducts required safety inspection checks on tractor and loaded/unloaded trailers daily, ensuring that all Warren equipment are safe, legally compliant, and road ready in a timely manner for loading and pick up.
- Coordinate equipment repairs with maintenance facility, if needed.
- Operates all equipment and vehicles safely to limit risk and liability to the employee, company, customers, and all others on site.
- Helps maintain terminal location, by cleaning, organizing, and general maintenance.
- Demonstrates and advocates Warren's Safety First Culture.
- Performs other duties, tasks, or responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Must have valid Class A, CDL with current medical card.
- No BAC's, DUI's, DWI's or license suspensions for moving violations in the past (5) years.
- Must be able to pass drug testing and meet all other company standards on safety and driving record.
- Must have knowledge in the maintenance related field sufficient to perform basic repairs and inspections.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Preferred: 2+ years' experience operating tractor/trailer combinations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to work outside in cold and hot weather environments, and intermittently in plants and/or shop environments with exposure to noise and fumes. Required to stand, walk, climb and to use finger, handle and touch objects and controls, and to reach with hands and arms.
Warren Transport is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.