Position Summary: To ensure all guests are greeted in a friendly and courteous manner, handle all payment transactions, maximize guest satisfaction and revenue.
- Provide exceptional service.
- Welcome guests, answer questions and direct guests to the appropriate areas
- Initiates contact with guests with a warm welcome and the willingness to assist the guest
- Must be proactive in anticipating the guest’s needs
- Handle all cash and charge sales made through the Marina.
- Must effectively communicate all pertinent information amongst his/her team members and supervisory staff in regards to daily operations.
- Maintain accurate records with special emphasis on Boat Rental, guide and water-ski services, bank status, etc.; handle all overnight slip rentals and assign proper slips to all guests; administer all reservations made through sales on walk-ins for guide trips, water ski and guest reservations for boat rentals, etc.; issue marine craft to guest in a smooth and efficient manner.
- Report stock levels of guest, retail and office supplies to the Marina leadership team.
- Always carries themselves in a friendly approachable manner
- Must be highly service focused with a desire to engage with guests.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness for all areas within the department.
- Report all incidents of guest dissatisfaction to the Marina leadership team.
- Report all accidents to the Marina Manager.
- Record fuel pump readings.
- Alert Marina leadership team of potential hazard issues and prevent accidents whenever possible.
- Demonstrate initiative – ability to think, work, and make decisions to solve guest concerns based on sound judgment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work on feet for extended periods of time, work safely, communicate effectively, understand and carry out written and oral directions, and establish good working relationships with co-workers
- Able to work in outside weather conditions
- Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis
- Have the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
- Be able to work weekends and holidays, mornings and evenings as business demands.
- Writing - Communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
- Guest and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing guest and personal services. This includes guest’s needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of guest satisfaction.
- Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.