Individualized Study Tutor - NURS 434
Athabasca University's Faculty of Health Disciplines is seeking an Individualized Study Tutor for the following course:
NURS 434 Community Health (temporary 4 – 6 months)
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A minimum of a Master's degree (PhD preferred) in Nursing (or related field). A minimum five years progressive experience within the Community Health domains (Public Health, Community Health, Home Care) along with current registration with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (in good standing) is required.
- The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge in population health, the principles of primary health care, the strategies of health promotion, and epidemiology concepts when nursing with individuals, families, groups, communities, populations, and systems.
- The successful candidate will have subject matter expertise and be responsible for providing academic assistance to students, for marking assignments, and for assigning and recording final grades. Teaching experience at a post-secondary level is desired. Experience in distance learning and familiarity with digital teaching technologies and online course delivery is preferred. Experience with of adult education and Moodle online course delivery is also considered an asset.
- Along with the relevant academic credentials as mentioned above, this position requires excellent communication, organizational, administration and online/computer skills.? The successful candidate should have demonstrated ability to maintain a high academic standard; answer inquiries, solve problems, return students' work and inquiries promptly and within the University's Service Standards; and maintain accurate student records.?
- Candidates must own or have access to a computer and internet with the capability to communicate with the University and students and the capability to run any applications required to perform tutorial support. Please see http://itss.athabascau.ca/docs/virtualdesktop.htm for more information on computer and internet connection requirements.
For further information about this position, please contact Jennifer Stephens, BN Program Director, at [email protected]
The compensation associated with this position is based on qualifications, as per Article 12 of The Board/CUPE Collective Agreement.
AU shapes and enables mutually supportive communities, regardless of where those communities exist. AU's Strategic Plan IMAGINE: Transforming Lives. Transforming Communities (http://imagine.athabascau.ca/) has as one of its strategic themes "Moving Beyond Place." We are embracing this theme and will be transitioning to a near-virtual work environment by December 2021