NOWCC has been selected as the #1 “Best Place to Work for” in 2020 by the NonProfit Times, NOWCC promotes an age-diverse workforce through expanding the employment opportunities in government agencies for individuals 55 and over. NOWCC works with government agencies to help them accomplish their mission by providing skilled and experienced workers in professional, administrative, technical and scientific positions.
• Extensive knowledge and experience working with ADP payroll systems is required. ADP Workforce is preferred. FPC Certification highly preferred.
• Excellent time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrate knowledge of federal and state wage laws and regulations. Experience working with multistate and local tax payroll.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Intermediate-level Excel skills are required.
• Ability to anticipate and prioritize multiple tasks and diverse assignments, from different sources, and to switch direction based on departmental needs.
• Work well under pressure and interact effectively with people at all levels.
• Work with an acute attention to detail, including careful consideration for all matters impacting compliance, i.e., FSLA, Garnishment, State Reciprocity, Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) and State Unemployment Insurance requirements.
• Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels, including enrollees, monitors and NOWCC staff.
• Ability to maintain confidential information and high degree of professionalism.
• Demonstrated ability to work thoroughly and accurately with figures, and to follow internal policies and the requirements of clients and customers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum High School Diploma
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance is preferred
• FPC or CPP designation highly preferred.
A minimum of 5 years progressively responsible relevant experience in computerized Payroll in a non-profit multistate environment, with emphasis in Payroll and Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical requirements include the dexterity to reach, stand, climb, move, finger keyboards, lift light loads, and the ability to also function in a stationary position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
NOWCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to a work environment free from discrimination and harassment in any form. It is NOWCC’s policy to comply with all applicable laws that provide equal opportunity in employment for all persons and to prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment.