Direct Support Professional - Home and Community Habilitation
At Skills of Central PA, people are our priority! If you are searching for a rewarding career in the service of others where building relationships and human kindness are valued, consider a career with Skills. For Skills the Direct Support Professional is one of the most exemplary reflections of the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. The people that carry out this rewarding, caregiving support play an integral and crucial role in the quality of life for the people we support.
Skills is seeking a Direct Support Professional to provide assistance to individuals with disabilities. DSPs may also facilitate community involvement by accompanying individuals out into the community or providing transportation to work or other activities. The DSP also assists people in achieving their personal outcomes and supports them in order to achieve and maintain independence.
Whether you have previous experience in this capacity or this just sounds like the type of career path you would like to pursue…we want to hear from you! We are currently looking for a full-time Direct Support professional to work in Clearfield, PA. 1st shift, Monday through Friday, 10 am to 6 pm.
About the Benefits
Skills offers a great benefits package and a work environment to match!
- Various Schedules Available to Match Your Lifestyle
- Competitive Pay
- Work Vehicle Available While On the Job*
- Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off, Plus Personal Time and Sick Time*
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options*
- Flexible Spending Account for Medical and Dependent Care*
- 401K Retirement Program (With Employer Matching)*
- Life Insurance and Disability Insurance*
- Tuition Assistance for Higher Education*
- Employee Wellness Program
- Exceptional Opportunities for Career Growth
- Great Co-workers and a Team to Support You!
*For positions that qualify
About the Requirements
You do not need prior experience or a college degree to become a Direct Support Professional. In fact, we’ll provide all of the training and certification you need to be successful. There are a few simple requirements you’ll need for the position:
- 18 years of age or older
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Eligible to work in the United States