Delivery Driver (CDL-A)
Company Summary: With extensive background in building materials, the Bay Family of Companies produces and distributes commercial and industrial, fabricated, and metal building insulation products to the construction industry. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Bay prides itself on outstanding customer service and providing the products and expertise needed to meet the needs of its customers. The Bay Family of Companies has nearly 1000 associates, located in more than 20 states and Canada, from more than 85 divisions, and 46 wholly owned subsidiaries.
Division Summary: Division Summary: With 21 plants nationwide, we are the largest producer and distributor of a complete line of metal building insulation materials and accessories and the largest producer of custom-laminated metal building blanket insulation in the nation. With extensive inventories and locations strategically placed throughout the United States, we have everything needed for your metal building insulation projects, and can deliver quickly and efficiently.
What’s in it for you: GREAT BENEFITS! Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, 401(k) with a generous employer match, Flexible Spending, Life Insurance, and Short & Long Term Disability, free Health Risk Assessments and wellness incentives in conjunction with our Medical Plan. Tuition reimbursement programs, tuition and company discounts, and employee referral bonuses!
The Driver is responsible for delivery of insulation products and requires unloading and loading of product to the scheduled job sites in a timely manner. Some warehouse work is required as needed. Customer service with customers is essential in this position when delivering material to job sites and customer offices. Maintains a professional appearance when interacting with customers. Safely driving within the DOT guidelines is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving to deliver material and the loading and unloading of material within a pre-determined driving schedule.
- Maintains truck, preforms daily pre-trip inspections and provides minor maintenance on truck if needed. Reports any mechanical or maintenance related issues that need to be repaired to the Plant Manager.
- As required, completes daily DOT logs according to the rules and regulations set forth by the Department of Transportation. Pre-inspection forms are filled out daily.
- Processes paperwork including, but not limited to: tickets, bills of lading, etc., making sure the customer signs the receipt of matierial and collecting on COD charges when specified.
- Ensures correct inventory by verifying counts and material is accurate during delivery.
- Reports back to Plant Manager any issues that were addressed at the job site for response back to the customer.
- Assist with production in plant when needed.
- Relocate trailers at plant when needed.
- Read maps efficiently to determine quickest routes to job sites and other delivery locations.
- Will be required to perform all other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Requires one year of experience in driving a tractor/trailer or straight truck.
- Requires ability to work a flexible work schedule based on need and schedules.
- Requires valid drivers license to be maintained at all times in compliance with company policy and DOT regulations.
- A Class A CDL license required, which is determined by DOT regulations
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service and negotiation skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Deal with difficult customers
- Mechanical abilities
- Work under pressure
- Map reading abilities