Paint Technician - MLI
Elliott Aviation, a leader in aircraft solutions, has an exciting opportunity for an Aircraft Painter at their location in Moline, IL. Since 1936, Elliott Aviation has been a world-class provider of comprehensive and customer-focused solutions for business aviation. Our vision, building partnerships that last, applies to our employees as well as our customers. As an Aircraft Painter, you will be part of a team working to provide out standing products and services to our customers.
This hands-on position is responsible for assisting in all phases of aircraft painting while maintaining compliance with all safety, company, federal, state and local requlations.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Work as a team member to turn out a quality, squawk free aircraft on schedule.
- Masking aircraft for stripper application.
- Applying, agitating and washing stripper off of aircraft.
- Hand cleaning and sanding in preparation for etch and alodine.
- Applying etch and alodine to aircraft and rinsing.
- Removing and reapplying seam seal as required.
- Masking and preparing aircraft for primer application.
- Sanding primer for topcoat application.
- Preparing aircraft for topcoat application.
- Masking, preparing and painting stripes as needed.
- De-masking aircraft.
- Polishing and detailing exterior paint.
- Ability to paint/prime overalls
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist with training of Jr Technicians
· Effective time management
· Ability to work as a team member to accomplish production goals
· Quality oriented
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to learn new skills quickly
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5-10 years experience in aircraft painting, automotive or industrial painting required