Location: Callahan, FL
Lays out, fits, and welds steel and aluminum components to assemble structural forms such as triangle frames, rectangle frames, pile frames, columns, struts, and other building parts by performing the following duties. Dependability for work schedule is crucial. Successful candidates will be required to participate in a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screening per our Drug Free Workplace policy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads and interprets drawings;
- Welds structural steel components with stick, tig or mig spool gun;
- Lays out parts for welding by Welder I and self;
- Welds parts prepared by Fitter;
- Verifies product conformance using blueprints and other means;
- Calculates figures such as angles and areas;
- Operates small hand tools, such as grinders, drills, and band saws;
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding;
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, or gas welding equipment;
- Assembles parts by welding, bolting and riveting;
- Repairs products by dismantling, cleaning, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts;
- Operates forklift;
- Ensures strict adherence to Company safety policies;
- Other duties as assigned.
BMI offers a competitive wage and benefits package; wage is dependent upon experience.
Applicants must go on line and complete the BMI Employment Application form to be considered for this position.
Bellingham Marine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex or age.
For full job description, please click here.
To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process due to a disability, please contact [email protected].
Bellingham Marine is a Drug Free Work Place.