Swope Health Behavioral Health Department is seeking a part-time Addiction Psychiatrist. Professional candidate will work along side our outpatient substance use disorder team as the lead Psychiatrist. This person provides direct patient care including comprehensive psychiatric assessment and treatment through face to face visits or tele-psychiatry. The Addiction Psychiatrist must have a waiver to prescribe Suboxone.
- Provides direct client care including comprehensive psychiatric assessment and diagnostic services for a broad range of psychopathology. This includes but not limited to treating clients with complex psychpathology require advanced diagnostic and intervention technics.
- Provides direct patient care related to treated substance use and disorder including but not limited to providing Suboxone treatment for opiod use disorder.
- Provides direct patient care through education to patients and family member regarding substance use and mental disorders and best practice approaches to treatment.
- Provides direct patient care through evidence based pharmacotherapy with evidence based psychotherapeutic interventions as indicated and appropriate for outpatient settings.
- Collaborative interventions using a team-based approach to provide care.
- Familiarity with American Society of Addictive Medicine (ASAM) guidelines for treating substance use disorders.
1. Physician licensed in the state of Missouri.
2. Completion of an accredited psychiatric residency training program.
3. Prior experience in a community mental health center preferred.
4. Good written and verbal communication skills.
5. Strong assessment and diagnostic skills, strong working knowledge of DSM-IV.
6. Strong working knowledge of current medications and their side effects.