CDL Driver (Class C)
The CDL Driver (Class C) is responsible for the delivery of insulation products to job sites based on a provided schedule. This will include ensuring on-time delivery and professional interaction with customers at delivery sites. This employee may also be required to assist the warehouse with production and the loading and unloading of trucks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivers products within a pre-determined driving schedule at the appropriate job site
- Loads and unloads product and materials into and off of trucks
- Ensures truck maintenance is on schedule
- Performs daily pre-trip inspections including: pre-inspection forms and completes minor maintenance if needed
- Reports any mechanical or maintenance related issues to the Plant Manager immediately
- Completes daily DOT logs in compliance with DOT regulations
- Processes paperwork such as tickets and bills of lading
- Ensures the customer’s signature on the receipt of material, and collects on COD charges when specified
- Ensures correct inventory by verifying material counts are accurate upon delivery
- Reports any issues to the Plant Manager that were discovered at the job site for response back to the customer
- Assists with production in plant when needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- Valid CDL (Class C) license in compliance with company policy and DOT regulations, required
- One year of verifiable experience driving a tractor/trailer or straight truck, required
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service and negotiation skills
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to read maps as needed
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to multi-task
- Mechanical abilities
- Ability to lift materials up to 50 lbs. and climb in/out back of the vehicle
Company Summary: With extensive background in building materials, the Bay Family of Companies produces and distributes commercial and industrial, fabricated, and metal building insulation products to the construction industry. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Bay Family prides itself on outstanding customer service and providing the products and expertise required to meet the needs of its customers. The Bay Family of Companies has over 1000 associates, located in more than 20 states and Canada, from more than 85 divisions, and 46 wholly owned subsidiaries.
Division Summary: Division Summary: With 21 plants nationwide, we are the largest producer and distributor of a complete line of metal building insulation materials and accessories and the largest producer of custom-laminated metal building blanket insulation in the nation. With extensive inventories and locations strategically placed throughout the United States, we have everything needed for your metal building insulation projects, and can deliver quickly and efficiently.
GREAT BENEFITS! Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, 401(k) with a generous employer match, Flexible Spending, Life Insurance, and Short & Long Term Disability, free Health Risk Assessments and wellness incentives in conjunction with our Medical Plan. Tuition reimbursement programs, tuition and company discounts, and employee referral bonuses!