Customer Service Representative - ATS, Inc.
To strengthen and enhance the customer base by implementing sound marketing and customer service principles to sell ATS Vans service to potential customers and serve as liaison between the customer and ATS operations staff.
Education and Experience
- A good understanding of marketing, sales, and customer service principles, and a strong working knowledge of van freight and specialized equipment usually gained through 1 - 2 years of training in related area and/or equivalent related experience.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication, analytical, customer relations, sales, and negotiation skills, general knowledge of U.S. geography and basic map-reading skills
- Be able to operate basic office machines including telephone, 10-key, CRT, and personal computer.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task and work independently.
- Must be a team player, amenable to a variety of work projects.
- Must be analytical with the ability to apply data.
- Must be proficient in responding to internal and external customer situations, responding to customer needs as required.
- Must be able to both think creatively and provide creative contributions to projects.
- Must be able to demonstrate a proactive commitment to ATS corporate values and the success of all staff
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sells ATS service to potential customers.
- Contacts existing or inactive customers to sell ATS service to them through inside sales efforts (i.e., telemarketing, written correspondence).
- Qualifies new customers by matching ATS and customer needs (geographics, products, objectives, etc.).
- Enters and records all terms and conditions of sales/loads (i.e., load specifications, negotiated rates, dates) in the computer system.
- Provides professional, courteous customer service by serving as liaison between customer and ATS operations.
- Communicates with the regional account manager to assess and distribute current information on the development and needs of customers.
- Communicates with dispatchers to provide information on the current service needs of customers.
- Obtains credit approval on customers' loads by verifying current credit status and working with the credit department as needed.
- Communicates with customers and ATS personnel to answer questions, and investigate/resolve problems as needed.
- Serves as back-up to the Vans Pricing Coordinator.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned.
- Meets all company and department objectives and deadlines.
- Follows all company and department policies and procedures.
- Completes all duties in accordance with sound marketing and customer service principles.
- Works within budget that is set for the department
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for extended periods. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and use dexterity in handling and touching objects or controls.