Sponsorship Sales Executive - CONTRACT POSITION
The Conference Board is looking for a Sponsorship Sales Executive temporary contract position to drive new sponsor relationships and revenue for our roster of annual events. Although assistance will be given, you will be responsible and accountable for generating leads, customizing proposals, and closing sponsorship deals. All scheduled events are currently virtual, but this may expand into live, in-person conferences as we move into 2021. Compensation will be solely commission-based.
Industry: Sponsorship Sales
Employment Type: Temporary Contractor
Job Functions: Sales
Reports to Director of Sponsorship
Principal Direct Activities
- Responsible for directly contributing to the growth of sponsorship revenue.
- Generate business and increase revenue from new conference sponsors.
- Accurately forecasting and reporting activities and results.
- Work with TCB’s internal sponsorship team to identify target accounts.
- With Programming staff, ascertain sponsorship needs and assist in strategy for seeking sponsorship.
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth through prospecting and research.
- Maintain reports on personal sales, sponsor commitments, activities, and contacts.
- Perform additional duties as delegated by Director of Sponsorship.
Desired Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of stellar business-to-business sales experience.
- Understanding of value complex business issues and negotiations.
- Ability to persuasively articulate value propositions to senior executives.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas.
- Extremely strong sense of customer service.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Conference and/or industry experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and be self-driven within a team structure