Project Manager (Conference and Peer Review)
We are recruiting for the position of Project Manager in the DC Metro Area. This position reports to the Senior Project Director and also coordinates with the management team and all staff on contract.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for providing day-to-day management and leadership support for the team. The PM serves as the primary point of contact for the client, program staff, contract personnel and corporate. The PM must have strong leadership skills, excellent customer service orientation, great attention to detail, organizational and project management skills. The PM is able to work independently and handle multiple projects or tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines as required.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to staff working on the peer review/meeting planning contract
- Manages all duties in support of the contract
- Serve as point of contact for client, management, and contract staff
- Manage and evaluate project staff performance
- Prepare status reports, draft technical reports and substantive client briefings
- Ensure that deliverables are on schedule and meet quality standards
- Analyze and review documentation procedures and protocol
- Provide budget and work plans in response to requests for services from the contracts
- Oversee the day to day activities related to task requests to ensure deadlines are met on time and within budget
- Serve as Senior Planner or Review Manager for multiple grant competitions
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge regarding professional skill areas, and applies expertise in solving technical problems
- Participates in management team meetings and strategic/organizational management decisions as required
- Manage recruiting and hiring for vacant contract positions
- Manage contract invoicing including review for accuracy and provision of appropriate back-up documentation in a timely manner
- Maintain records of all contract aspects, including administrative, scheduling and financial. Tracks annual versus one time meetings
- Participate in business development as appropriate
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required. PMP and/or CMP desired.
Minimum four years experience with Federal government contracts, grant and peer review and/or meeting experience, budget monitoring, excellent MS Excel skills. Ability to manage multiple staff, activities, and processes on tight deadlines while ensuring accurate and effective support services are consistently provided to the client. Project management and supervisory experience required. Experience with international and/or virtual events desired.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, and Word. Cvent and SharePoint experience preferred. Familiarity with Federal Travel Regulations is required. Must have the capacity to multi-task numerous time-sensitive projects/requests. Strong leadership qualities, detail-oriented, ability to quickly analyze and resolve problems and meet established deadlines.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer