Assistant Operations Manager
Henry Industries Inc., is seeking an Assistant Operations Manager to join our Operations department in Wichita, KS.
This position offers an opportunity to work in a challenging environment, a chance to continually enhance your skills, and the ability to grow with a progressive organization.
$35,000-$40,000 (based on experience) plus voluntary benefits such as Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401k
Henry Industries, Inc. is an industry front-runner and sets the standard for 3rd party logistics, warehousing and distribution. We combine the latest distribution, warehouse and logistic technology with professionals who understand the importance of accuracy and timeliness. We understand our clients and we understand business.
Job Duties (include, but are not limited to):
- Provide support to the operations manager in the day to day running of the organization
- Leads strategic and tactical operations, performance metrics, monitoring and reporting on effectiveness of overall operational activities.
- Communicating clearly in both oral and written form
- Attention to detail so that operations run smoothly
- Prioritizing so that the most important matters are attended to quickly
- Exhibiting good organizational abilities in order to keep everything on track
- Possessing a goal-oriented mentality to always be on the lookout for ways to make the company more efficient
- Grasping numerical concepts in order to interpret data and make sound decisions
- Continuous process improvement and management of cost efficiencies to support positive customer experiences
- Develops, implements and drives strategies to achieve Company and client objectives
- Assists leadership with the evaluation of the effectiveness of and recommends alternatives for work methods, procedures, controls and staffing to achieve accurate and timely movement and processing of product; manage to ensure warehouse layout is optimally aligned for maximum efficiency
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, coaching and counseling of staff to provide ongoing support and development
- Meets operational financial objectives by forecasting; preparing budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must be able to obtain/maintain DOT Medical Certification
- 2+years of relevant warehouse, trucking, transportation, and/or logistics experience required
- 2+ years of management experience highly preferred
- Client interaction, communication, organization/time management, multi-tasking and computer skills are critical to the success of this role
- The ability to work efficiently and independently is imperative
- Operational knowledge of DOT, HAZMAT, OSHA, Forklift certification and training, shipping and receiving, distribution, documentation, and compliance highly preferred
- Significant technical troubleshooting experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates Degree in Business preferred
- Competitive Pay
- Voluntary Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401K
- Opportunities for career advancement
This position does not offer sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1-B status).
We are an equal opportunity employer with a competitive salary and benefit package.
All offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test and criminal background check.