NB: Applicants must already have the right to work in Kenya.
Cowater International’s Customs, Trade and Investment Climate Team is excited to announce an opening for a dynamic early career professional to join the team as a full-time Project Officer, based in our regional office in Nairobi, Kenya. The team, part of the company’s Governance and Economic Reform division, delivers projects focused on supporting sustainable economic development through strengthening the trade and investment environment in developing and transitional economies.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Project Officer will work under the direction of the Team’s Vice President and will work closely with Project Managers/Directors to implement project activities in a range of international projects in the sectors noted above.
The Project specific tasks include proposal preparation and business development; technical support to Managers and Directors in support of project delivery; and research.
The candidate should have an interest in the key global issues affecting developing countries and a desire to establish a career in international development.
- Identify prospective projects using published/online materials, direct contact with clients and target market personnel (working closely with Cowater International’s Business Development team in these efforts).
- Assist in preparation of expressions of interest and proposals, including drafting/editing of content, and identification/incorporation of research material.
- Support recruitment of international and local team members for future and current group projects.
- Providing overall support for new and existing projects as requested, including assistance with budget preparation/monitoring and contract administration.
- Supporting Project Managers to ensure all reports are prepared and submitted to Clients according to the contract and in a timely manner.
- Editing project documents for ease of reading and syntax as requested by Project Managers.
- Recent graduate with a Master’s degree in economics, international affairs, public policy/administration, political science, or any other related field with very strong academic performance; or
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of equivalent work experience.
- At least one year of relevant professional experience (2-3 years preferred).
- Outstanding research, analysis and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to summarise complex documents and identify / prioritise client compliance requirements in tenders and related documents.
- Ability to effectively prioritise multiple tasks within a group environment.
- Multi-tasking skills (prioritising and juggling various tasks effectively).
- Familiarity with donor institutions and the international development sector.
- Working proficiency in a second language of direct relevance to Cowater International’s work (i.e. French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic).
Employment conditions: Kenyan Nationals are encouraged to apply. Other applicants must already have the right to work in Kenya.
Candidates are welcomed to apply before 7th August 2020.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as follows: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the position.
Thank you for your interest in this position but only candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 34 years’ experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specialising in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organisations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts.
Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, London, Paris, Pretoria and Nairobi, in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.