Center Coordinator (Part Time)
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision, responsible for maintaining cleanliness of, providing access to, and security of, the Case Community Center for various activities such as enforcing building rules and maintaining discipline of guests while answering phones and assisting public with inquiries.
- Serves as first point of contact for patrons of the Community Center, volunteer programs, activities, and/or individuals
- Answers phone lines; distributes equipment; responds to requests; assists patrons
- Assist with guest memberships
- Prepare rooms for reservations and ensure guests adhere to rental agreement requirements
- Attend and participate in regular staff meetings
- Monitors patron activity of community center, skate park, and splash pad via video surveillance and occasionally walking through ensuring rules are being adhered to
- Maintains the cleanliness of the facility following maintenance schedule and utilizing the “every thirty” protocol
- Reports areas in need of maintenance or repair
- Six months or greater customer service and call handling experience
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY POSITION:
- Knowledge of relevant city, state, and federal laws, regulations, and policies
- Knowledge of community center regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge of community center equipment and facilities
- Skill in the use of computers and various software programs
- Skill in the operation of computers and other types of modern office equipment
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Ability to perform light maintenance
- The Recreations Specialist assigns work in terms of somewhat general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with instructions and established procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
- Guidelines include division rules and regulations and supervisory instructions. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
- The work consists of related administrative and cleaning duties. The need to coordinate events with several parties contributes to the complexity of the position.
SCOPE AND EFFECT:
- The purpose of this position is to assist in the cleanliness of the facility and the supervision of the evening and weekend activities of the community center. Successful performance results in an improved quality of life for city residents.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, coaches, youth organizations representatives, students, parents, instructors, and members of the general public.
PURPOSE OF CONTACTS:
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, and to provide services.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work is typically performed while indoors with frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts objects up to 50lbs.
- The work is typically performed indoors, but on occasion may include outdoor activities related to special events.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions herein described. Since every duty connected with this position may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in the job description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in the job description sheet. AT ANY TIME AN EMPLOYEE MAY BE ASKED TO ASSIST ANOTHER DEPARTMENT WHERE NEEDED AND IN PERIODS OF DOWN TIME.