National Sales Representative - ATS Logistics, Inc.
The Sales Representative is responsible for enhancing and increasing the customer/shipper base of ATS Logistics Services, Inc. through the use of a consultative sales process. The national sales representative will contact existing, inactive, or potential customers to secure shipments. Evaluate and maintain a shipper base in the data system on an ongoing basis; and maintain updated information on all available shipments. This person must understand the ATS value proposition and be able to effectively articulate to customers.
Education and Experience
- Higher education (two- or four-year degree) preferred but not required.
- One or more year(s) of experience B2B sales preferred.
- A firm understanding of marketing, sales, and customer service principles.
- Self-starter with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the internet (social media, internet databases and research tools).
- Strong problem-solving and analytic skills with a metrics and results driven approach.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Hard-worker with a drive for results who can persevere in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Strong work ethic and sense of integrity; trustworthy.
- Creative in brainstorming and proposing new ideas and solutions to existing problems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, listening).
- Willing and able to travel occasionally, including overnight travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct strategic planning efforts to achieving sales results in support of department goals
- Effectively sell ATS transportation and logistics services to qualified leads advanced by Sales Development Representative and other qualification strategies.
- Interface with, Sales Development Representative Logistics operations team, and account management personnel to ensure customer needs are met.
- Use a consultative sales process to build long-term relationships with customers, and utilize product and service knowledge to articulate ATS’s value proposition to customers.
- Prospect, plan, open the call, determine the decision maker, present the value proposition, close the sale, and effectively manage objections.
- Close new business, meet new customer generation goals while maintaining current accounts. Negotiate and quote rates with customers, entering and recording all terms and conditions of shipment agreements.
- Onboard new customers into ATS systems to ensure seamless transition.
- Work with assigned sales team manager to coordinate (Request for Proposals / bidding process to create a win-win for both ATS and the customer.
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond effectively to questions; write clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Assist with developing, maintaining/productive relationships with internal customers and colleagues.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; give and welcome feedback; contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- In support of ATS’s culture, all employees are expected to consistently, effectively and reliably perform in accordance with the Company’s values as set forth in our core competencies and behaviors (All Employee Competencies).
- Position may require work responsibilities outside of normal business hours, and infrequent travel may be required.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constantly in a stationary position and occasionally will move around.
- Constantly operates a keyboard and mouse and constantly utilizes a computer monitor(s).
- Constantly conversing with internal and external customers in person or via phone system.