Regional Carrier Representative - ATS Logistics, Inc.
The Regional Carrier Representative is responsible to enhance and increase the carrier base of ATS Logistics Services, Inc. in an assigned region, by implementing sound marketing and customer service principles by attracting and retaining qualified carriers, aiding in brokerage operations by working both in-house and various office and divisions of ATS Logistics throughout the U.S. while acting as the liaison between the carriers and shippers.
Education and Experience
- Higher education (i.e. two or four year degree) preferred but not required.
- Good understanding of marketing, sales and customer service.
- Self-starter with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can win concessions without damaging relationships; gains trust quickly.
- Strong problem solving skills and time management abilities.
- Must be action oriented and have perseverance to finish projects/work, especially in the face of resistance or set-backs.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and drive for results.
- Creativity to come up with value-added ideas in meetings or for ongoing Continuous Improvement efforts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) required.
- Excellent communication skills (written, listening and verbal).
- Willing and able to travel infrequently, including overnight travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contact existing, inactive or potential carriers
- Negotiate rates with carriers to handle customer shipments
- Learn to sell our well recognized product
- Dispatch qualified carrier to available freight, providing all pertinent information necessary for a high level of service, responding to questions, investigating and resolving problems as needed, and updating carrier trips in the data system
- Update computer system to reflect accurate information
- Maintain pricing and rate quoting competitive to the current market conditions
- Manage a book of business in excess of a million dollars annually
- Act as a liaison between carriers and shippers
- In support of ATS’s culture, all employees are expected to consistently, effectively and reliably perform in accordance with the Company’s values as set forth in our core competencies and behaviors (All Employee Competencies and Manager Competencies).
- Position may require work responsibilities outside of normal business hours and infrequent travel may be required.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position performs work primarily in an office setting.
- Constantly in a stationary position and occasionally will move around.
- Constantly operates a keyboard and mouse and constantly utilizes a computer monitor(s).
- Constantly conversing with internal and external customers in person or via phone system.