In-Branch Lending Representative (Full Time)
The primary purpose of this position is to assist Generations Federal Credit Union to live out its Mission, Do the Right Thing, by providing remarkable service to both external members and internal members. Performs all loan and associated member transactions in person, by phone and/or electronically. This position is responsible for providing all credit union lending options, ancillary products and services appropriate to meet the member’s needs and to create strong lasting relationship.
- Originates and funds all Consumer Lending products as offered by the Credit Union. Advocates for the member and acts as a liaison between the loan officer and the member, when necessary, to gather information required to render a decision and facilitate membership as necessary.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of credit union products and services and communicates advantages and benefits to the members in a way that is fluent and insightful. Successfully manages a loan pipeline, identifies and executes opportunities around the Credit Union’s products and services.
- Conducts outbound calls to complete denials, counteroffers or confirm closing information within time specified. Responsible for identifying, cross-selling and processing insurance products that complement the appropriate lending product.
- Adhere to Credit Union Policies and Procedures, and government regulations to ensure compliance, integrity, professionalism, quality and timely service delivery.
- Consistently provides accurate information to new membership on products, rates, and services either in person, by phone, by mail or by other electronic means. Expands knowledge through training sessions, self-study, and/or personal use of products and services.
- Initiates depository accounts, as required. Makes referrals for non-traditional investment products through in-house annuity investments and insurance products. Also, directly involved with supporting inbound/outbound telemarketing and direct mail efforts to increase loan production within the Credit Union. Actively participates in business development efforts to attain set membership goals. Activities may include participation in various business or community events.
- Consistently meet or exceed department and individual sales goals for member service product line and core depository products, i.e.: loan growth and membership growth.
- The in-branch Consumer Sales Representative will prioritize all lending duties including branch member assistance for all lending needs, queue workgroups for proper coverage and support, and facilitate all assigned online applications. Time permitting the in-branch Consumer Sales Representative will partner with branch teams to perform non-cash transactions including: assisting members with basic account requests, account maintenance, and cross selling eServices when appropriate. Engages Member Specialist as needed and ensures smooth handoff and transition when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have high school diploma or equivalency. Some college level courses in Accounting, or approved equivalent in bank related education preferred.
Must have two (2) years experience in a financial institution service and/or sales position.
Must have the following skills and/or abilities:
· Must possess strong communication and customer service skills.
· Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet timelines within a multi-tasked repetitive environment.
· Possess selling and negotiating skills with the ability to utilize effective questioning techniques to bender understand member needs and uncover opportunities.
· Must be able to work independently and exercise a high degree of personal initiative.
· Must have knowledge of financial institution policies and procedures.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Spanish language skills a plus.
Must be able to:
- Stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Lift 10-20 lbs.
- Be flexible to work non-standard hours to include evenings and Saturdays. Full-time hours is 40 hours per week.
1. To deliver service that is in alignment with the credit union’s Service Promises:
- Treat members with a positive attitude.
- Listen to and fully understand the members’ needs.
- Offer solutions that meet the members’ needs
- Take ownership of the Member Experience provided.
- Give and receive feedback for improvement.
- Continually learn for the benefit of the member.
2. Meets all established sales and service goals.
3. Possess adequate product knowledge as measured by the annual product knowledge certification assessment.
Note: Employee must reflect a good performance standing to submit a job posting application.