Director of Sales Operations - ATS Specialized, Inc.
Anderson Trucking Service (ATS) is a family-owned company that has earned its place as a respected industry leader, with sustained growth across the nation. ATS is committed to helping people succeed by delivering worldwide Transportation Solutions. It’s an exciting time to make an impact. Pairing your passion and drive with our commitment to your success, sky’s the limit! Find your place in the ATS family today. #WeAreATS
The Director of Sales Operations is responsible for building an exceptional outside sales team through the use of analytics to improve and standardize processes, remove obstacles to enhance the sales funnel, and develop sales strategies and metrics. The Director will also train, coach and mentor the Business Development Management team to drive success.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the transportation industry.
- Firm understanding of the commercial transportation industry with a strong working knowledge of operations, logistics and transportation principles preferred.
- Experience building and/or managing a sales team.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to analyze data/situations, problem solve and extract key business insights in a timely manner.
- Proven Salesforce subject matter expert with experience utilizing a CRM, creating reports, optimizing processes, and managing dashboards.
- Track record in driving change and removing hurdles in a fast paced growing organization by working cross functionally within an organization.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills when working with internal and external customers
- Must be a strategic thinker that is self-motivated and can make sound decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to adapt to the present situation in a professional manner.
- Must possess excellent leadership and daily management skills of a team and projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) required.
- Excellent communication skills (written, listening and verbal).
- Willing and able to travel, including overnight travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of the sales team and the end-to-end process of tracking the sales funnel, operational metrics and delivering regular insights to the business.
- Establish goals and maintain key metrics to track the performance of the sales team to include the entire sales process.
- Build and help to standardize business reporting for strategic analysis and internal business review.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of metrics to monitor and influence the strategic direction of the group throughout the entire formal sales process.
- Recommend and take action based on strategic objectives, forecasts, trends and/or performance metrics.
- Enhance sales productivity by enabling the team to work smarter by simplifying processes, evaluating new tools and communicating results through dashboards.
- Create and maintain documentation on sales processes, policies, and relevant sales training materials.
- Identify and eliminate sales process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
- Define and deliver techniques to improve the funnel performance for the sales team.
- Recruit, interview and select (with HR recruiting support) to candidates for open positions and assist with the onboarding process.
- Coach, mentor, develop and motivate sales team to achieve outstanding results.
- Monitor training/development programs and incentive programs evaluating them for effectiveness and recommends ideas for improvements.
- Create and nurture a culture of continuous improvement.
- Drive increased revenue and profits from new business, penetration of existing accounts, and collaboration with other operating groups to achieve company’s growth objectives.
- Conduct high level sales interaction with customers.
- Oversee and verifies all pricing sent to customers.
- Evaluate success, and equally important, the failures to obtain and maintain business.
- Directly involved with Operations Management to ensure “buy-in” on freight and drive industry leading service levels.
- Provide market feedback to leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs, new markets, and emerging trends.
- Cross functional responsibilities include: strategist for improvements, internal ATS relations management with other divisions on behalf of ATS Inc. and other Sales Directors.
- In support of ATS’s culture, all employees are expected to consistently, effectively and reliably perform in accordance with the Company’s values as set forth in our core competencies and behaviors (All Employee Competencies and Manager Competencies).
- Position may require work responsibilities outside of normal business hours, and infrequent travel may be required.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.