Customer Service Representative - Heavy Haul
Anderson Trucking Service (ATS) is a family-owned company that has earned its place as a respected industry leader, with sustained growth across the nation. ATS is committed to helping people succeed by delivering worldwide Transportation Solutions. It’s an exciting time to make an impact. Pairing your passion and drive with our commitment to your success, sky’s the limit! Find your place in the ATS family today. #WeAreATS
To provide excellent customer service by negotiating, quoting, pricing, planning, and coordinating the needs of assigned accounts. To provide administrative support for assigned wind projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates and coordinates load information with internal and external ATS personnel, customers, drivers and site personnel.
- Provides information and negotiates terms and conditions of loads (i.e., rates, credit, special instructions).
- Responds to customers' requests for service.
- Maximizes revenue per week per truck (RWT) and cents per mile (CPM) for accounts.
- Accurately enters load information into computerized system.
- Enters commodity and accurate dimensions.
- Enters trailer types that will work to load/unload.
- Takes calls from customers, books loads, answers questions, resolves problems
- Maintains reports, tracking information, safety, service failures and audit requirements as necessary for accounts.
- Ensures contract execution is consistent with contract specifications and directives.
- Provides outstanding customer service to customers.
- Travels to site and customer locations as needed.
- Participates in process improvement and best practice activities.
- Performs other duties, tasks, or responsibilities as assigned by Director.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma
- Experience in transportation industry.
- Excellent knowledge of heavy haul tractor/trailer requirements and working knowledge of wind transportation industry.
- A good understanding of marketing, sales and customer service principles, usually gained through 1-2 years of training in a related area and/or equivalent experience.
- Must have excellent oral communication skills, interpersonal, analytical, customer relations, sales, and problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to operate basic office machines including a computer, and possess general knowledge of US geography and basic map-reading skills.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task and work independently.
- Must be a team player, amenable to a variety of work projects.
- Must be analytical with the ability to apply data.
- Must be proficient in responding to internal and external customer situations, responding to customer needs as required.
- Must be able to both think creatively and provide creative contributions to projects.
- Must be able to demonstrate a proactive commitment to ATS corporate values and the success of all staff.