Data Quality Assistant
|Data Quality Assistant|
AA Degree in Science, English, Technical Writing, Data Processing/IT, Paralegal, Community/Urban Planning, or Environmental related Science OR Minimum of 2 year(s) of experience in water or air planning Previously completed training in environmental data or GIS
- Experience with monitoring, assessment or tracking data to research, write or implement plans. If possible, water experience with waste loads, Total Maximum Daily Loads, water treatment, watershed plans or other water planning. Experience writing reports, doing quality checks, data entry, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or mapping programs.
- Experience required with MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Copying Machine, Multiple Phone Lines, Scanner
The SEE will review TMDLs against a checklist of required elements to ensure quality control, review GIS and draft a report for the TMDL Coordinator. The SEE will also enter completed TMDLs/assessed waters into the regional and and national databases (or Excel Spreadsheet) for tracking purposes.
- Review TMDLs for quality control and draft preliminary TMDL documents, including GIS information 80%
- Data entry - enter TMDLs and assessed waters into tracking spreadsheets and databases. 20%
- Online courses in ethics and IT security.
- Training for specific checklist used for TMDLs, training for ATTAINS database, online Water Quality training