Civil Engineering Technician
|Civil Engineering Technician|
AA Degree in Engineering or Natural Resources OR Minimum of 10 year(s) of experience in Engineering and natural resource work
- Valid Minnesota state driver?s license required.
- Experience required with Windows, Fax, Copying Machine, Multiple Phone Lines, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access
- Typewriter, CAD/Civil3D
Services consist of supporting the state with layout and designs of engineering practices.
- Assists with compiling engineering information needed for engineering practices covered under USDA Farm Bill programs. Analyzes the data and assesses the various alternative engineering solutions. 35%
- Completes engineering designs, prepares engineering construction drawings, cost estimates and inspects engineering construction work associated with the installation of complex engineering practices. 35%
- Performs complex surveys with the use of GPS, total station, and laser level surveying equipment. Produces topographic maps, profiles, cross-sections, and quantity calculations. 20%
- Reviews accuracy of documentation, compliance with regulations, standards, and specifications. 10%
- Information Security Awareness and Rules of Behavior training.
- Incumbent will need a working knowledge of the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) software such as Protracts, Toolkit, Performance Results System, Excel, and Engineering Field Tools (EFT).
- Health and Safety Considerations: Training on hazards of construction sites, including trench safety to be done by OJT, engineering staff
- Required Safety Gear: Safety vest, hard hat
- Safety Gear Use: Safety vest and hard hat are needed on construction sites