Leasing Sales Professional- Sutton Landing
This position is responsible for coordinating the community’s marketing, leasing and renewal strategies to achieve occupancy, revenue and resident retention goals by performing all activities related to leasing to new residents, providing resident satisfaction throughout the term of the lease and securing resident lease renewals for our brand 200 apartment luxury residential apartment complex in Mount Sinai called Sutton Landing.
- Performs all sales and leasing activities to achieve the community’s revenue and occupancy goals by greeting and qualifying prospects, conducting community tours and showing apartments, processing applications, credit screening and criminal background checks, preparing the lease and move-in package and ensuring a smooth resident move-in and lease signing.
- Inspects apartments prior to resident move-in and ensures apartments are in move-in ready condition and schedules any outstanding item to be addressed with the maintenance team.
- Stays informed about current market and competitor conditions that may impact the community’s occupancy and sales results, develops and implements short- and long-term marketing plans and goals to sustain occupancy, and follows the community’s established policies related to concessions, specials and other programs to boost occupancy.
- Designs and executes marketing activities to create and drive traffic to the community, including implementing resident referral and employer outreach programs, using internet marketing tools (Craigslist, Facebook, e-mail and other websites) and following other community-specific marketing plans, drives and special programs.
- Uses the on-site property management software (OneSite, Yardi, etc.) to track apartment availability, record traffic and leasing activities, manage resident and prospect data and capture critical demographic and other information about existing and future residents.
- Ensures that the community and show units meet the Company’s standards for show quality by daily inspecting the marketing corridor and leasing tour, communicating maintenance and upkeep needs to the community’s maintenance team members, merchandising and ensuring a physically appealing show unit and/or model and amenities and preparing the leasing office for daily leasing activities.
- Follows-up with prospects and new residents to ensure satisfaction by sending e-mail, thank-you notes and cards or making telephone calls or other contacts to finalize decisions to lease and/or renew.
- Executes and performs activities in support of the community’s lease renewal program by preparing lease renewal letters and packages for residents, meeting with and contacting renewing residents in advance of move-out dates and ensuring that lease renewal documents are signed and implemented on time.
- Responds quickly and courteously to resident and client/owner concerns and questions and takes prompt action to solve problems and/or document and convey resident or other requests to the appropriate individual(s).
- Completes various accounting, financial, administrative and other reports and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, community, and departmental policies, procedures and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
- Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve the community’s efficiency, profitability and productivity.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, leasing and sales tools, processes and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training programs and by accessing other sources of information and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
- Incumbents work in an office environment, but also may have frequent exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
- Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the community and amenities.
- Incumbents must be able to stand, walk and/or sit for extended periods of time and push, pull, lift, carry or maneuver weights of up to twenty (20) pounds independently and fifty (50) pounds with assistance.
- Routine, local travel may be required to attend training classes, conduct market research or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which may include weekends and/or holidays.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Incumbents must have all licenses and/or certifications as required by State and Local jurisdictions
- Incumbents must have valid driver’s license to operate a golf cart on property.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain apartment features and answer questions.
- Demonstrated ability to apply sales skills, such as generating sales leads, conducting sales presentations, qualifying prospects and closing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, property management software (preferably Yardi and/or One Site) and spreadsheet management programs in order to complete required reports and employment documents.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers, decimals and fractions and calculate percent’s in order to complete financial records, budgets and other fiscal reporting information.
- Proficiency and fluency in using the internet for marketing, advertising and sales-related circumstances, including using Craigslist, Google and other search engines and navigating the internet and websites.
- High School diploma, GED or an employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of a sales, marketing, internet and customer service background sufficient to resolve customer complaints and issues and complete financial records, documents and reports.