SOC Technician - Tier 1 Part-Time Days
SOC Technician – Tier 1 Part-time Opportunity Day shift hours
This position is 10-12 hours a week and must be able to be flexible to work holidays, weekends, some graveyard shift, and fill in hours when needed.
Cytellix, the cybersecurity division of Information Management Resources, Inc. (IMRI), provides security services to federal, state, local government organizations, and small to medium sized businesses. For over 26 years, IMRI has employed solution-oriented team members utilizing their unique skills to successfully deliver services to our clients nationwide. IMRI continues to be ranked as one of the fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. 5000 and through its Cytellix Division was awarded the 2018 Gold Stevie Award for the Most Innovative Company of the Year.
We offer competitive benefits including: paid vacation and sick leave, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, AD&D, 401k and voluntary benefits. By joining the IMRI/Cytellix team, you will be providing support to protect our country’s most critical infrastructure. We know that when you join IMRI/Cytellix, everyone wins — You, the Customer, and the entire IMRI Team!
POSITION SUMMARY – SOC Technician– TIER 1
Cytellix Group is looking for a SOC Technician– Tier 1 to work out of our Security Operation Center (SOC) in Aliso Viejo, CA. This position serves as the Tier 1 technical service representatives to our customers in which we provide cyber security and network monitoring services.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide technical support for routine customer issues using the incident management system and updates trouble tickets with action steps taken, which includes handling field customer inbound telephone calls and electronic messages from users across the customer base.
- Diagnose various types of security alerts, events, or issues
- Escalate issues requiring Subject Matter Expert involvement as appropriate
- Maintain reports to document problems and trends for team review and resolution.
- Coordinate and track communications and follow-up with stakeholders and clients.
- Responsible for generating report summaries for client assessment findings by compiling information received by the Cyber Security Customer Support team.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 2+ years IT experience/knowledge
- Experience in a technical call center environment preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstration effective problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Office tools
- This position may require obtaining a security clearance after start.