Area Sales Manager - LI Territory
Responsible for increasing the occupancy or sustaining maximum occupancy levels in communities within their assigned area. In addition, the position is responsible for training and supporting the Directors of Community Relations and/or Community Relations Coordinators, if applicable, in those communities in their assigned area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop annual sales plan, in coordination with Regional Director of Sales, in support of organization strategy and objectives.
- Establish and monitor daily, weekly and quarterly targets for your assigned sales staff.
- Analyze conversion ratios and steps within the sales process with the Executive Directors and Sales Staff.
- Hold weekly calls with Executive Director and Sales Staff in each community to discuss upcoming admissions and strategize leads.
- Cover the role of the Director of Community Relations upon the absence of the position within a given community and/or start-up community to increase and/or sustain maximum occupancy levels.
- Regular on-site visits to communities in your assigned territory for quality control purposes.
- Train and/or support new and existing Directors of Community Relations and Community Relations Coordinators on The Bristal sales system, including handling inquiries, planning visits, database management, and daily, weekly & quarterly reporting.
- Work with the Marketing Department and Business Development team to implement marketing plans to achieve set occupancy goals.
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Understand the competitive landscape and market trends.
- Determine and ensure that all policies & procedures as it pertains to the Director of Community Relations are being adhered to.
- Provide required reporting to Vice President of Marketing and Regional Director of Sales on the progress made in communities.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks.
- All other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Marketing and Regional Director of Sales.
- Minimum five (5) years sales experience in the health care or retirement living setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing preferred.
- Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent negotiation and sales skills.
- Willing to travel to all the Bristal Communities on Long Island in Nassau and Suffolk
- Professional Image
- Excellent telephone and communication skills
- Ability to relate well to the senior population
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Computer literate and knowledge of MS Office.
- Patience with perseverance and follow-through capabilities.