CNC Machinist - Night Shift
Position requires candidates to be U.S. person as defined in ITAR, 22CFR 120.15 (U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien Status)
Amphenol Fiber Systems International (AFSI) is a full service fiber optic company specializing in the fabrication an manufacture of fiber optic connectivity products and systems. Our commitment to technical excellence makes us an industry leader in producing sophisticated products and professional technical assistance in the fiber optic industry. AFSI, located in Allen, Texas, has and will continue to base its strategy on technical and application support, quality assurance, product performance and value.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The CNC Machinist - Night Shift is responsible for machining parts according to specifications for company use by programming, setting up, and operating CNC vertical machine centers. Responsible for making offset adjustments, replacing tools, and measuring parts for conformity to blueprint tolerances.
- Responsible for up to three machines on a daily basis.
- Perform part inspections at beginning of shift; record date, time and initial.
- Set up machines and write/edit programs as needed.
- Enter daily production into database system.
- Monitor tooling, lubricants, and other shop supplies.
- Perform basic daily machine service check; fill lube oil and coolant; dump metal chips.
- Deburr parts as needed.
- Remove any buildup of chips at end of shift.
- Clean area during and at the end of shift to include machine, work bench and floor.
- Provide detailed notes documenting any changes made or problem areas with part production.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work a night schedule: Monday - Thursday; 6 pm - 6am with possible Fridays and weekends
- Familiarity with proper set up and operation of vertical machine centers.
- Familiarity writing G-Code and working with GD&T
- Familiarity with precision measuring tools and equipment, including CMM.
- Knowledge of safety and OSHA requirements.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills; legible handwriting skills.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Strong understanding of best practices in customer service
- Ability to work unpredictable hours as required - often on short notice.
- Team player; ability to work well with others within department and with other departments.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent certification.
- Five years or more experience in CNC Machining, Fabrication, Manufacturing and/or Production industries.
- U.S. person as defined in ITAR, 22CFR 1120.15 (U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien Status)
Amphenol Fiber Systems International complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO poster Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law