Professional Lift Truck Field Service Technician
Position Type: Full Time
Shift: M-F 8:00-4:30
Reports To: Service Manager
Lift Truck Center, Inc., the authorized dealer for Toyota, the number #1 brand of lift truck since 2002, is growing and searching for field service technicians.
Repair and perform Planned Maintenance on forklifts, industrial sweeper/scrubbers, scissor lifts and personnel carriers and other types of industrial equipment at customer locations.
This position requires the successful candidate to work independently in a field environment without direct supervision, but with frequent communication with the Service Dispatcher. Technicians receive dispatch direction from Lift Truck Center branch for responding to service calls at customer locations. Travel to customer location, evaluate and diagnose problem, complete repair or order necessary parts, communicate status to customer and enter repair details associated with the repair on the electronic work order.
Paid technical training is a required part of the job including both independent online training and classroom participation. Incentives are paid after certification completions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to identify complex mechanical problems and review related service information to develop a corrective action plan to complete the repair.
- Able to do occasional lifting (75 pounds) and environmentally work both inside and outside.
- Must be able to safely operate lift trucks, and have an acceptable driving record that meets the requirements of our insurance provider.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and coworkers (verbally and in writing).
- Capable of utilizing a laptop or tablet for completing work orders and checklists, diagnostic troubleshooting, basic computer knowledge for email and internet-based E-learning portal and accessing service information.
- Technician must have basic tools required to complete repairs.
- Responsibly manage the parts inventory assigned to your service vehicle
Prior experience working on industrial, construction, agricultural equipment or automotive preferred.
Lift Truck Center offers competitive pay, professional growth opportunities, excellent benefits including generous Paid Time Off, and a safe & respectful work environment. Qualified applicants must be able to pass a drug, and criminal background check, Mechanical Aptitude assessment, and have a clean driving record.