Resident Field Service Technician - Hutchinson, KS Area / Mcpherson, KS Area
Title: Resident Field Service Technician
Supervisor: Service Manager
Area of Responsibility: Hutchinson, KS / McPherson, KS area
The Service Technician is responsible for creating and maintaining healthy ethical internal and external relationships, demonstrating integrity, leadership, a customer focused, respectful & continuous improvement attitude, displaying professionalism (including personal hygiene and appearance), meeting quality standards and delivery schedules, performing all levels of repair and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment and other general service department duties as directed by the Service Manager or Dispatcher.
Essential Functions-Kaizen (continuous improvement of process and reduce waste)
- Administrative – Maintain department communication in order to complete work and grow service labor sales. Utilize various computer OEM programs and communication tools as resources. Record service hours, truck hour meter readings, obtain customer signatures, and comply with any customer specific required processes. Maintain accurate time card entries with work order numbers. Participate in all job-related training and development. Maintain a clean and orderly work area (and service vehicle). Follow all safety procedures and guidelines set forth by Lift Truck Center, Inc.
- Inventory Control – Maintain personal and LC tool inventory. Technician is accountable for parts stock inventory on van.
- Service – Perform
s diagnostics and determine s what repairs are needed and advise s the Service Manager or Dispatcher and customers as necessary (especially with safety related issues). Repair and replace damaged or worn parts. Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance. Legibly prepare all reports and forms required in conjunction with work orders, taking note of the cause of failure/problems. Complete warranty information. Service and maintain company vehicle and shop. Maintain current knowledge of Company and competitor products. Maintain condition and service needs of vehicles and air compressor, parts inventory, tools and equipment. Read and understand operating manuals, electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Must have a valid driver license without restrictions that meet company’s insurers requirements
- Deliver parts, run errands, etc. as needed.
- Assist with other duties assigned and directed by corporate management within the frame work of Lift Truck Center Inc.’s objectives.
- Utilize E-learning service training tools to enhance your knowledge and certification level (expectation for all techs to obtain Bronze level within 18 months of employment)
- Fuel receipts and mileage logs are to be completed and submitted to Dispatcher on Monday AM
- Receipts for parts etc. should be submitted to parts clerk for posting
- Parts replenishment will be maintained and accounted for by assigned technician, when inventory is sold off van, it must be noted on work orders as such. Van inventory adjustments or changes are to be submitted to Jake
- Save and tag warranty parts to be returned for credit
- Install LTC service, operator training, and last service date decals on trucks
- Strong knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques used in the repair of industrial equipment.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Good skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
- Strong focus on customer service.
- Basic knowledge and use of company cell phone, and computer for email and internet portal
- Basic knowledge of office machines, including copier, fax and printer.
- Able to communicate effectively as appropriate for the needs of customers or coworkers without the use of profanity
- Strong attention to detail and pride of workmanship
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to process work with accuracy.
- Meet commitments and deadlines.
- Able to complete required documentation and reports in a timely manner.
- Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Timecards should be completed by throughout the day, not waiting until the end of the day or beginning of the next day to complete and should be sitting on front desk by 8:00 each morning
- Completed work orders are to be turned in to parts each day, and jobs awaiting parts should be given to Dispatcher for holding until parts arrive
- As much as possible, field techs should have their first call and necessary parts for the following day (if we don’t have service calls to dispatch the night before, the tech’s are expected to call dispatch the following morning at 7:30. Start time is 8:00, the expectation is that techs are to be en route to customer locations
- Field tech’s are expected to text upon arrival at customer location, and expected to call upon completion of work (after customer has signed work order and they’re back in the van) for tracking response and completion time
- Technical questions should go to Lead Technician, or to Service Manager if Toyota representative is needed for trouble shooting advice
- Field techs are expected to obtain a customers authorized signature on the work order, leave a copy and review findings/recommended work face to face with customers, and should ask if the customer wants to proceed with additional recommended repairs (quote only if requested by customer)
- Demonstrates openness to new procedures, technology and structure.
- Capable of utilizing a laptop or tablet for completing work orders, and diagnostic troubleshooting.
- Maintain clean and orderly work environment (clean up and dispose of waste properly)
- Complete and pass Operator Training testing
- With the benefit of taking vans home, the expectation is that they will be refueled and outside of vehicle cleaned on personal time; LTC employee’s only are permitted to ride in the vehicles, no drugs or alcohol permitted
- Adherence to all company policies including drug testing
- Pornography (including display inside tool boxes) is prohibited
- Smoking within the dealership, customer locations, or unsafe environments are prohibited
- Use of cell phones while at customer locations should be limited to business use only
- The carrying of firearms, explosives, or other dangerous weapons (including knives with blade lengths above four (4) inches), concealed or unconcealed, in Company buildings or Vehicles is expressly forbidden, regardless of whether the employee is licensed to carry the weapon.
- PTO time should be scheduled and approved in advance, or management should be notified prior to 8:00 AM if unable to work due to unexpected sickness
- Job description is subject to change based on the ever changing business environment
Physical Requirements and Work Schedule
Able to do occasional lifting up to 75 lbs. Employee must be able to stand for an extensive amount of time. Able to move or hold arms and hands in small areas, utilizing tools, for an extensive amount of time. Able to use tools that vibrate for an extensive amount of time. Able to work flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
High school diploma or GED required. One year certificate from a college or technical school or at least three years’ experience and/or training in related field.
Highly Competitive Benefit Package Includes:
- Competitive wages
- Company pays 65%+ of health and dental premium for all tiers of coverage
- Company paid life insurance
- 401K plan with company match
Lift Truck Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Lift Truck Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Finding the right employee is vitally important to our team. If hired, we recognize that you retain the option, as does the Company, of ending your employment with the Company at any time, with or without notice and with or without cause. As such, your employment with the Company is at-will and neither this letter nor any other oral or written representations may be considered a contract for any specific period of time.