Dispatcher Needed (Customer Service) -2nd and 3rd Shift - St. Louis, MO
Exciting Transportation Opportunities in St. Louis, MO - Immediate Openings for a Dispatcher
Martin Transportation Systems, is seeking a qualified Dispatcher for our St. Louis, MO location. We are looking for an individual to join our dynamic team and take their existing skills to the next level. The individual selected will dispatch and coordinate CDL-A drivers on dedicated, “JIT', round trip loads while safely meeting revenue and mileage goals for drivers and equipment. Candidate must possess excellent communication and computer skills (satellite tracking and TMW dispatch software), be multi-task oriented, and enjoy an environment where complex decisions must be made quickly. We empower our teams to make decisions and be accountable for them and the only way it works is by hiring the very best problem solvers we can find.
Martin Transportation Systems is a solid and stable automotive niche carrier with a success story of over 30 years. Since our one-truck beginning in 1978, we’ve grown to a fleet of over 800 trucks and employ over 1400 drivers, owner-operators and support staff. A dedication to technology and low-cost, high-quality transportation solutions, as well as the acquisition of other carriers, have let us build a solid customer base that should catapult us into another 30 years of success! While our business has seen rapid growth, we know that our employees are the heart and soul of our success and strive to treat all of them with the utmost respect and dignity.
Dispatcher Essential Functions:
- Updating customer websites
- Ability to navigate multiple programs simultaneously to problem solve route issues
- Interfacing and updating computer tracking systems
- Communicating with customers via phone, fax and email
- Communicating with drivers via satellite/phone regarding load status
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned from time to time
- Associates degree preferred
- Shift Times: 2nd: 1500-2300 and 3rd: 2300 - 0700 Weekdays with an occasional weekend
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience with previous transportation experience a plus
- Excellent work ethic and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and web navigation
- Previous experience with transportation software preferred
MTS offers an excellent wage and benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, plus company paid life insurance and 401K with 25% company match, paid vacation and holidays. Short-term and long-term disability insurance is also available.
**As part of our hiring process, we ask that an application is filled out in addition to a resume. Thank you!