Tower Crew Lead- Seatac
Phenomenal opportunity to be part of a great team in SeaTac, WA - Seattle WA area
**Earn great wages + benefits + work/life balance** This is a base salary role with ability to earn more depending on Projects and height variations
Ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of current climbing experience on a variety of different types of towers. Must have a proven communication and leadership ability is a plus.
There IS travel with this role - but most of the time you are home every night and on weekends - flexibility is a plus.
We are taking on new projects and are seeking an experienced Tower Crew who is passionate about a long term career within the wireless/telecom industry, not afraid of heights, can lead by example, can set expectations, able to take on supervisory responsibilities, mentor less experienced employees, and is able to travel +/- 50% of the time.
The Technician is responsible for owning the activities of the team and all tower related functions at multiple sites/field operations including tower builds, tower deconstructs, technical testing of antennas, installation of tower components, hanging of antennas and dishes on towers, installation of lines or other cellular components, site build outs, hanging cables on towers, and grounding tower and buildings. In order to complete these operations, qualified individuals must be capable of climbing towers or other structures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Climb up to 400’ telecommunication towers to install antennas, dishes, cables, and stand-offs on towers.
- Build and deconstruct towers.
- Dig trenches for grounding tower and building to R56 standards, driving ground rods and cad welding.
- Carrying out safety procedures
- Project Management and tracking work progress
- Reporting to WA Construction Manager on daily activities
- Able to accommodate a 4/10 schedule (M-Th) and available for OT during busy summer months.
- Able to travel +/- 50% of the time
Skills, Abilities, Physical Requirements:
- **Clean Driving Record is required ** (Major infractions are a disqualifier. ex: DUI, any drug motor vehicle offence, hit & run, reckless driving infractions, driving while suspended, passing a stopped school bus, involvement in a fatal accident, or 3 or more minor infractions within 3 year period)
- Valid Driver's License
- Able to pass Criminal Background Check
- Able to travel and work throughout SeaTac area (roughly 50%)
- Able to stay overnight when necessary
- Able to lift and support body weight and pass pre-employment physical exam
- OSHA 10 certification is not required, but a plus
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in industry
- Prior experience leading team is a preferred
Day Wireless Systems is the largest full-service wireless integrator in the West. We provide design, construction, licensing, sales, service, rentals, installation, and maintenance for a wide range of wireless voice, data, and video applications. Founded in 1969, today we have 26 locations and 300 employees in California, Oregon, and Washington. Day Wireless employees enjoy the opportunity to grow and transfer within our many locations and business divisions.
The team at Day Wireless enjoys competitive compensation and excellent benefits including:
- Paid Travel Time
- Time and a Half pay for “High Time” which includes anything over 50’
- Medical (employer paid for employee)
- Company-Paid Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Disability Insurance for employees after 5 years
- Educational Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Voluntary Short Term Disability, Accident, and Cancer Insurance
- Potential for yearly bonus (based on company profitability)
- 10 paid vacation days the first year with it growing in increments at major achievements
- 40 hours of sick time
- 8 paid holidays with 1 floating holiday
- Company discounts (Costco, Credit Union, Verizon)
- Growth opportunity through defined career paths
- Contests/activities/accolades/rewards through Employee Appreciation Program
- PLUS, the great combination of a large family owned business that offers financial stability and job security with a small company atmosphere!
Day Wireless Systems (DWS) and Reliance Connects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: DWS is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at DWS are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. DWS will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. DWS encourages applicants of all ages.