Click here to apply!
The Software Architect partners with key stake holders across the organization in the development of platform technical roadmap and strategies. This individual acts as a technical leader to guide the creation and lifecycle of software platform architecture. Produces architectural block diagrams and high-level designs, delivers architectural design to development staff and provides answers to customer inquiries concerning system software and applications, and interfaces with third party software vendors. The Software Architect relies upon wide-ranging experience, using professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design API/SDK architecture
- Technical experience in modular software application architecture development
- Develop software and systems platform architecture
- Work with customers to gather requirements for platform specific system functional specifications
- The design and development of high-level product specification with attention to system integration and feasibility.
- Lead the initial architecture of major sub systems, defining the high-level platform design and reference technologies to be used
- Oversee progress of development teams to ensure consistency with initial design.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers.
- Ensure software meets requirements of quality, security, modularity and extensibility.
- Coaching and mentoring teams on design practices and helping to resolve issues
- Participate in technical exchange meetings with program engineers, other contractors, and customers
- Support requirements definition and analysis for new software frameworks
- Develop documentation of system use cases for software architecture
- Apply and/or develop advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts
Preferred Qualifications and/or Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience in a related field
- 8+ years of experience working in a similar role
- 12+ years of experience as a software developer
- 5+ years of Linux platform experience
- C++ and design pattern experience
- Proven experience as a software architect
- Experience with mitigating design risks using research and proof of concept methods
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Understand end to end product lifecycle
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Must be proactive, meticulous, organized, and detail oriented
- Must be a strong leader of people
- Must be a strong team builder, encouraging transparency, building trust, encouraging positive conflict resolution and dialog to surface best solutions and practices then rallying support behind actions
- Ability to effectively resolve problems across the organization
- Ability to balance multiple assignments effectively for internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently, with minimal direction
- Ability to use discretion and independent judgment when making decisions on behalf of the company