Senior Embedded Software Engineer
RBC Medical Innovations seeks to hire a Senior Embedded Software Engineer that will serve as an experienced team member to lead the development of embedded software code, architecture, and documentation of software systems for our vast portfolio of medical devices. RBC’s medical products improve quality of life for patients every day. Our innovative products are developed by experienced, multi-disciplinary teams and required a high level of hardware and software integration. We are adding a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to our 40+ engineering team to support the growth of our vast portfolio of medical devices.
- Lead software engineering project teams to develop new and innovative medical devices
- Design and implement reusable high-quality software that meet the business and technology requirements
- Contribute to all phases of the software life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, test coordination, release, support, and documentation
- Provided mentorship and guidance to design engineers
- Develop internal tools to improve software engineering effectiveness
- Ensure regulatory compliance during development of software for standards such as IEC 62304, IEC 60601-1, and other applicable FDA guidance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with 7+ years developing C/C++ in an Embedded environment on Microprocessors or Microcontrollers
- Proven success in leading software development teams in new product development projects
- Experience developing embedded systems (i.e. microcontroller based custom products and custom electronics)
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Knowledge and exposure to basic hardware design and ability to read schematics
- RTOS embedded software development knowledge
- Strong knowledge of software development tools (IDEs, compilers, linkers, debuggers)
- Ability to develop a software architecture and detailed design with supporting descriptions and diagrams
- Familiarity with embedded wireless systems
- Experience mentoring design engineers
- Experience in a regulated environment such as Medical Device or Aerospace is a plus
RBC Medical Innovations offers great benefits, competitive salary, and generous paid time off.
RBC Medical Innovations is a cutting-edge medical device design firm located in the Kansas City metropolitan area. We partner with OEM companies world-wide to design and manufacture life-saving medical devices to be sold into the healthcare marketplace. The class I, II and III products we develop are broad in range and include cardiac pumps, in-vitro diagnostic automation, ocular equipment for retinal surgery, RF, microwave, ultrasound, and pulsed field energy for pain management, neuromodulation, cardiac, and oncology therapies. What is most rewarding about working for RBC is that the extraordinary people we hire are passionate about creating solutions that help save and improve the quality of people's lives. RBC Medical Innovations: small-company culture with a commitment to excellence!
At RBC, we pride ourselves in our results-oriented culture and highly qualified team of employees and we offer a competitive salary and rich benefits package, including:
- Challenging, creative work environment
- World-class team of engineers and designers
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive benefits package
RBC Medical Innovations values a diverse team and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants must be authorized for full-time employment in the United States. For more information, visit www.rbccorp.com.
1099 Contractors welcome. No Agencies, please