Senior Embedded Software Engineer
RBC Medical Innovations seeks to hire a Senior Embedded Software Engineer that will serve as an experienced team member to lead the development of embedded software code, architecture, and documentation of software systems for our vast portfolio of medical devices. RBC’s medical products improve quality of life for patients every day. Our innovative products are developed by experienced, multi-disciplinary teams and required a high level of hardware and software integration. We are adding a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to our 40+ engineering team to support the growth of our vast portfolio of medical devices.
- Contribute to all phases of the software life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, test coordination, release, support, and documentation
- Serve as a Project, Technical and Peer adviser
- Design and implement reusable high-quality software that meet the business and technology requirements
- Develop internal tools to improve software engineering effectiveness
- Ensure regulatory compliance during development of software for standards such as IEC 62304, IEC 60601-1, and other applicable FDA guidance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with 7+ years developing C/C++ in an Embedded environment on Microprocessors or Microcontrollers
- Proven success in a Technical Lead role
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Demonstrated commitment to software quality
- Knowledge and exposure to basic hardware design and ability to read schematics
- Experience in a regulated environment such as Medical Device or Aerospace is a plus
- Embedded GUI development (knowledge of Qt for Embedded Linux preferred)
- RTOS embedded software development knowledge
- Strong knowledge of software development tools (IDEs, compilers, linkers, debuggers)
- Ability to develop a formal software architecture and detailed design with supporting descriptions and diagrams
- Experience with Flash memory, Analog to Digital converters (ADC), Digital to Analog Converters (DAC), Real Time clocks (RTC), watchdog timers (WDT), and sensors
- Experience with embedded busses such as Ethernet, I2C, I2S, SPI, and USB
- Familiarity with Bluetooth and BLE embedded communication stacks
RBC Medical Innovations offers great benefits, competitive salary, and generous paid time off.
RBC Medical Innovations is a cutting-edge medical device design firm located in the Kansas City metropolitan area. We partner with OEM companies world-wide to design and manufacture life-saving medical devices to be sold into the healthcare marketplace. The class I, II and III products we develop are broad in range and include cardiac pumps, in-vitro diagnostic automation, ocular equipment for retinal surgery, RF, microwave, ultrasound, and pulsed field energy for pain management, neuromodulation, cardiac, and oncology therapies. What is most rewarding about working for RBC is that the extraordinary people we hire are passionate about creating solutions that help save and improve the quality of people's lives. RBC Medical Innovations: small-company culture with a commitment to excellence!
At RBC, we pride ourselves in our results-oriented culture and highly-qualified team of employees and we offer a competitive salary and rich benefits package,including:
- Challenging, creative work environment
- World-class team of engineers and designers
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive benefits package
RBC Medical Innovations values a diverse team and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants must be authorized for full-time employment in the United States. For more information, visit www.rbccorp.com.
No Agencies, please