Embedded Software Engineer
RBC Medical Innovations seeks to hire an Embedded Software Engineer to document, design, and develop software for a large variety of medical devices.
- Contribute to all phases of the software life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, test coordination, release, support, and documentation
- Collaborate closely with cross functional engineering teams to add input regarding the software requirements and produce designs that fulfill project vision
- Design and implement reusable high-quality software that meets the business and project requirements
- Ensure regulatory compliance during development of software for standards such as IEC 62304, IEC 60601-1, and other applicable FDA guidance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with 3+ years developing C/C++ in an embedded environment on microprocessors or microcontrollers
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Demonstrated commitment to software quality
- Knowledge and exposure to basic hardware design and ability to read schematics
- Capability to use hardware tools such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers
- Competency with software development tools (IDEs, compilers, linkers, debuggers)
- Ability to effectively use source control (git). Use in conjunction with code review (gerrit) a bonus
- Experience with peripherals such as Flash memory, Analog to Digital converters (ADC), Digital to Analog Converters (DAC), Real Time clocks (RTC), watchdog timers (WDT), and sensors
- Experience with embedded busses such as UART, I2C, I2S, SPI, CAN, USB, and Ethernet
- Experience in a regulated environment such as Medical Device or Aerospace is a plus
- Embedded GUI development (knowledge of Qt for Embedded Linux is a plus)
- RTOS embedded software development knowledge and experience
- Understanding of best practices and design patterns for the C/C++ language
RBC Medical Innovations offers great benefits, competitive salary, and generous paid time off.
RBC Medical Innovations is a cutting-edge medical device design firm located in the Kansas City metropolitan area. We partner with OEM companies world-wide to design and manufacture life-saving medical devices to be sold into the healthcare marketplace. The class I, II and III products we develop are broad in range and include cardiac pumps, in-vitro diagnostic automation, ocular equipment for retinal surgery, RF energy for pain management, and cancer therapy. What is most rewarding about working for RBC is that the extraordinary people we hire are passionate about creating solutions that help save and improve the quality of people's lives. RBC Medical Innovations: small-company culture with a commitment to excellence!
At RBC, we pride ourselves in our results-oriented culture and highly-qualified team of employees and we offer a competitive salary and rich benefits package,including:
- Challenging, creative work environment
- World-class team of engineers and designers
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive benefits package
RBC Medical Innovations values a diverse team and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants must be authorized for full-time employment in the United States. For more information, visit www.rbccorp.com.
1099 contractors welcome. No Agencies, please