Systems Engineer – Product Development Technical Lead
From high-level product requirements to architecture conceptualization and detailed safety analyses, the Systems Engineer will collaborate with software, electrical, mechanical, quality and test engineers to bring our clients' medical devices from design concept to commercialization. RBC’s medical products improve quality of life for patients every day. Our innovative products are developed by experienced, multi-disciplinary teams and required a high level of hardware and software integration. We are adding a Systems Engineer to our 40+ engineering team to support the growth of our vast portfolio of medical devices.
- Lead technical success of engineering Team in all stages of new product development from requirements management and system architecture to product commercialization
- Primary technical contact for both client and internal team members; Highly engaged with client’s technical experts, clinicians, and marketing
- Drive a sense of urgency, product excellence and innovation to ensure project success
- Coordinate closely with a broader team of engineers including electrical, software, mechanical, and test to resolve multi-discipline issues and develop compelling medical devices
- Manage and lead resolution of systems engineering issues including architecture, hardware, and software design tradeoffs
- Apply engineering theory, methods, and techniques to overcome technical and process related challenges in product development.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to develop proposals, lead the development team and produce designs that fulfill client vision
- BS degree in Software, Electrical, Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering
- 4+ years' experience in Systems Engineering for electromechanical and embedded systems product development
- Experience with customized embedded electronics and software (this is not an information technology role)
- Demonstrated understanding of Systems Engineering tools and principles as applied to electromechanical and embedded systems (hardware and software) products
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make risk-based decisions to advance product development in a timely manner
- Experience with high-level design including system level architecture, design tradeoffs and constraints
- Experience developing technical requirements and risk management
- Demonstrated project leadership skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Experience with FDA class II or III medical device regulatory requirements, or experience in similar regulated product development environment is a plus
RBC Medical Innovations offers great benefits, competitive salary, and generous paid time off.
RBC Medical Innovations is a cutting-edge medical device design firm located in the Kansas City metropolitan area. We partner with OEM companies world-wide to design and manufacture life-saving medical devices to be sold into the healthcare marketplace. The class I, II and III products we develop are broad in range and include cardiac pumps, in-vitro diagnostic automation, ocular equipment for retinal surgery, RF, microwave, ultrasound, and pulsed field energy for pain management, neuromodulation, cardiac, and oncology therapies. What is most rewarding about working for RBC is that the extraordinary people we hire are passionate about creating solutions that help save and improve the quality of people's lives. RBC Medical Innovations: small-company culture with a commitment to excellence!
At RBC, we pride ourselves in our results-oriented culture and highly qualified team of employees and we offer a competitive salary and rich benefits package, including:
- Challenging, creative work environment
- World-class team of engineers and designers
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive benefits package
RBC Medical Innovations values a diverse team and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants must be authorized for full-time employment in the United States. For more information, visit www.rbccorp.com.
No Agencies, please