Hotel Evening/Night Manager
THIS IS A FULL-TIME, SEASONAL POSITION FOR THE SUMMER 2019 SEASON (APRIL THROUGH THE END OF OCTOBER)
Mission Point Resort, Mackinac Islands’ only full service, casual resort is currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Hotel Night Manager. This full time/seasonal position is located on Mackinac Island and offers competitive pay, housing, other perks. The ideal applicant will have five years of guest service experience with at least two or more years in a leadership role at a property with more than a hundred rooms, possess an upbeat leadership style, and have experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
As the Hotel Night Manager, you will fill a key leadership role with an industry-recognized leader in hospitality management services. The Hotel Night Manager works a 4pm to midnight (or potentially later) shift and oversees the resort operations with a focus on guest services and other resort operational areas to provide Mission Point Resort guests with exceptional service. This position reports directly to the Resort Operations Manager and requires 60% front office coverage 40% property coverage.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of a High School or equivalent education with a five years of guest service experience with at least two or more years in a leadership role at a property with more than a hundred rooms
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Proven experience supervising departments of 15+ employees
- Ability to develop detailed and specific procedures and processes outlining the steps to follow in completing department and/or project tasks
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive leader
- Strong leadership and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and Hotel Management Systems
- Ability to maintain a budget.
Management experience a must
Excellent People skills
Ability to be on their feet for long periods
Heavy Guest Service experience
If you are looking for a culture where you make a difference and truly are part of a successful team, then Mission Point Resort is the place for you. We strive to grow our team with people who share our passion and energy for creating the best experience for our guests and our staff! We offer competitive wages, housing, opportunities for advancement, and other perks.