Interested in working for a dynamic, innovative, design-driven company that’s changing the world of aviation? Headquartered in beautiful Bend, Oregon, Epic Aircraft specializes in the design and manufacture of high performance, all carbon fiber aircraft. The Epic E1000 is the fastest, most comfortable, and affordable six- seat single-engine turboprop in the world. We are currently hiring Level I and level II NDI inspectors and seeking enthusiastic, passionate individuals willing to work hard, be rewarded, and have fun! Join our team, grow with our company, and contribute to the success of this game-changing aircraft!
The NDI Inspector will perform Non-destructive Inspection and evaluation of adhesive bonded (Composite) assemblies and components and will apply their knowledge of investigative processes, quality procedures, engineering requirements, manufacturing processes and specifications. The Inspector will help develop inspection techniques for approval by the Level III/Quality Manager. Prepare reports summarizing inspection results and other quality documents in support of manufacturing operations and will support the overall organization as part of the Quality group. Will also monitor and maintain test equipment and work area as required.
- Set up and perform non-destructive testing inspections on parts, materials and assemblies to determine the existence and extent of discontinuities.
- Inspects parts and materials using ultrasound, visual and tap testing techniques
- Perform inspection operations in accordance with Quality Control Standards, written specifications, or verbal instructions.
- Participate as required in product/process auditing through hardware/data verification and Statistical-Process Control (SPC) verification activities.
- Complete all related documentation.
- Authorized to legally work in the U.S.
- Certificate of 40 (Level I) or 80 hrs (Level II) classroom training in ultrasonic inspection from a program meeting the standards of SNT-TC-1A.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of quality.
- Team work and professionalism a must.
- Experience with composites and adhesive bonded aircraft structures.
- Experience with phased array ultrasonic testing equipment.
- 1,200 documented hours of experience in longitudinal wave ultrasonic inspection.
- Visual Weld Inspection training/experience
- Liquid Penetrant training/experience
- Paid vacation/personal time off
- Seven paid holidays plus the week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
- Company paid health, vision and dental benefits
- 401K retirement plan
- Advancement opportunities
- Friendly team environment
- Fun company events!
- Live and work in Beautiful Bend, Oregon: https://www.visitbend.com/