OD Permit Router
Over-Dimensional Permit Router will ensure safe and profitable operation of the Flatbed Division Division through efficient, effective route coordination of oversized permitted loads in accordance with state and federal routing regulations while meeting company and department expectations, procedures, and profit objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies feasible route options for oversize loads ensuring most effective selection for distance, permit costs, escort costs, travel restrictions, roadway limitations and topography. Provides special instruction details of state information and ordering limits to permit coordinators, dispatchers, and customer service groups. Maintains department related informational resources.
- Reaches out to state agencies as needed for questions and concerns related to obtaining oversize permission to travel thru state. Serves as a liaison amongst state offices, permit coordinators and dispatchers/drivers to resolve problems as needed.
- Continuously seeks to improve departmental quality and efficiency standards by creating, updating, and/or revising department processes, tools, and resources.
Education and Experience
- Must have excellent oral communication, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and decision-making skills.
- General knowledge of U.S. geography and excellent map-reading skills.
- Excellent customer service abilities.
- Must be proficient in basic computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft office, Internet Explorer, and Adobe,
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi task and work independently
- Must be detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a team player, able to think creatively and provide contribution, helping to resolve problems that arise.
- Must be analytical with the ability to apply data.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be proficient in responding to internal and external customer situations, responding to customer needs as required.
- Must be able to demonstrate a proactive commitment to ATS corporate values and the success of all staff.
- Meets all company and department objectives and deadlines.
- Follows all company and department policies and procedures.
- Works within budget that is set for the department.