As a welder you will work with the floor supervisors, quality control and shop supervisor to ensure that all work is fit and welded to the specifications of each job and meets outlined requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Weld components in flat, vertical and overhead positions
- Operate various equipment (saw, shear, rollers, etc.) using safe work habits
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces to ensure conformance with customer specifications
- Weld separately or in combination using aluminum, stainless steel, mild steel or other alloys
- Clamping, holding, tack welding, heat bending, plasma cutting, grinding or bolting parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 plus years in a welding/fabrication environment required
- Strong blueprint reading skills with knowledge of weld symbols
- Basic math skills and ability to read a tape measure (standard and metric)
- Frequent lifting and/ or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs. (Lifting equipment is available and recommended)
- Knowledge in the operation of cranes and rigging
- Adhere to all company safety standards and shop policies
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, squat or kneel as well as climb ladders
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Possess own helmet and personal tools as needed
- Basic weld test given at time of interview
Company Summary: With extensive background in building materials, the Bay Family of Companies produces and distributes commercial and industrial, fabricated, and metal building insulation products to the construction industry. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Bay prides itself on outstanding customer service and providing the products and expertise needed to meet the needs of its customers. The Bay Family of Companies has nearly 1000 associates, located in more than 20 states and Canada, from more than 85 divisions, and 46 wholly owned subsidiaries.
What’s in it for you: GREAT BENEFITS! Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, 401(k) with a generous employer match, Flexible Spending, Life Insurance, and Short & Long Term Disability, free Health Risk Assessments and wellness incentives in conjunction with our Medical Plan. Tuition reimbursement programs, tuition and company discounts, and employee referral bonuses!
Division Summary: The Bay Metal Works Inc. division of the Bay Family of Companies focuses on custom metal parts from supplied customer drawings. Bay Metal Works Inc. can cut any design into any part of a tube. Our capabilities include cutting round, square, rectangular, flat, oval, and virtually any other type of tubing utilizing our laser.